Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS Restriction Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

mroberts

Vendor
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi all,

I have done this before and it has worked. I am now on another system and it is not working. I shall explain.

I am working on an IPO v2 7.0.27 and I am creating a new routing table (51) that will restrict all toll calls. In that table I am adding short codes like:
Code: 1N
Telephone number: (nothing)
Feature: Barred
Line Group ID: 0

Then in the User (201) programming I am going to the short codes tab and I entered:
Code: 9N
Feature: Dial
Telephone number: N
Line Group ID: 51 (the restricted ARS table)

So user 201 should not be able to dial 9 + any phone number beginning with 1.

BUT user 201 can dial 9 and a long distance phone number beginning with 1 just fine. It goes through. I do not know what I am doing wrong here.

I built a restricted table (51) and barred 1N and then did a user short code that pushed any 9N through the 51 table. Why is it not restricting the 1+ numbers?

Thank you in advance

MRoberts

Did you verify with ssa/monitor that it is indeed hitting ARS 51?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

the user's 9N is pointed to the ARS. In the ARS it is blocking a 1N code. It should block any associated dial string with 1N...how would waiting for the for secondary dialtone bypass that?

-Austin
qrcode.png

and mroberts, I've set it up the way you appear to have it 1k times and it works fine.

-Austin
qrcode.png

sgrossman- I put 1N; and it went through anyway. I've tried a bunch of ways, I can't tell you for sure if I did straight 1N.

tlpeter- the customer is going to simply dial 9 and immediately dial the number, they are not going to wait. I did read your faq this morning. :)

AACon- I have not looked at the ssa. But I did also try just putting this:

Right into the user's short code bypassing the ARS and going for a straight restriction of 1 for that user and it still didn't work.

MRoberts

Well, the code for the user should be 91N/Barred, so they still try to dial the 9. Kind of an odd issue. If you want, you could scan my qrcode and shoot me an email with the config, I don't have much to do today, I'd be happy to look at it.

-Austin
qrcode.png

the user's 9N is pointed to the ARS. In the ARS it is blocking a 1N code. It should block any associated dial string with 1N...how would waiting for the for secondary dialtone bypass that? [\quote]
This has to do with the dial timers in the system.

When you dial a 9 and wait then you will get a secondary dialtone.
then you are in the ARS.
It can be adjusted though but then you need to change the dial timers in the system telephony tab.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Right, and then ARS would pick up the 1N code and bar it as it should.

-Austin
qrcode.png

True but some times those timers are not configured correct and then this does not happen.
Then the system does match a shortcode and this then will be a user shortcode (match before ARS shortcode) and then it just dials out :)

BAZINGA!

That's weird, cannot say I've run into that. I tend to wipe out the system 9N shortcodes, and make them all user shortcodes that MUST point to ARS; especially if I need to do alot of restriction. That should alleviate those types of issues.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Just put in the ars

1 Call barred
0 Call barred :)

Or create a user right profile with user short codes and add ext201 to it :

1 Barred
0 Barred

Don't bother with N's :)

Yaze.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder, my work here is done.

If I put in the user's short code:
barred
Should that not stop the 1+ from being dialed? Because the customer isn't going to wait for secondary dial tone (in order for the call to be in the ARS table), they are just picking up dialing 91number.

or would it be
barred

MRoberts

No, you need to put a 9 in there. If you don't, it will match the system short code, rather than the user shortcode.

-Austin
qrcode.png

What i always do is this:

I leave the system shortcode in for VMPro.
I give every user a user shortcode:

9N
dial
N
Line id

When you need special codes then i build a new ARS for every combination.
If you only need barred then you add a barred shortcode.
Most systems have multiple user who need it.
Also for maintenance it is very easy to change it for a user.
And if it does not excist yet then build another ARS.

BAZINGA!

Which is what I am trying to do. Build a toll restricted ARS table (51) and then put a user short code that points 9 to the ARS table (51).

In the table I add:

Is that correct for barring 1+ dialing?
What if I unchecked secondary dial tone. Will that put the user into the ARS table immediately?

MRoberts

The secondary dial tone is just a tone.
The 1N will do it.

BAZINGA!

You should enter the semi-colon in the code and 1N for the telephone number in the restricted ARS table.

Code: 1N;
Telephone number: 1N

Don't forget if you want to allow 1-800 numbers you have to enter them individually.

Code: 1800xxxxxxx
Telephone number: 1800N
Feature: Dial

othammo, totally not needed.
You even do not need to enter the part "telephone number"

When it sees 1N then the call will be barred.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back