Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aria Async Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrancis1958

Vendor
Oct 5, 2006
US
does anyone have experience with the Omnitronix SL81?? I have one installed on an Aria, the SL81 is running the Octel build.

I can't seem to get the pass through I/O working when I access remotely through the SL81. I can get to the SL81 remotely, but not the Aria. I'm suspicious of the Aria side and I need to inspect the ASYNC1 port on the Aria. Can I manage that port i.e baud,parity, etc from Admin?

fyi, if I connect the SL81 I/O port to the CONSOLE port on the CCF I don't have this problem.

thanks.

You have to make sure the Async port is configured as a SMT and that it is the right Baud rate. If it is not setup for a SMT you will need to change it in menu 6-3 and reboot the Octel to make the changes take affect.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Ken, Thanks a lot. That of course is the ONLY menu i didn't check.. of course.

i configured it as type 1 - System Terminal with appropriate baud rate. set type of terminal to Wyse. it said "Press the 'Send' key to save changes"

not sure what that meant.... i don't see no send key on MY keyboard. Will it still be configured properly?

I DO need to reboot though huh? If so, I'll have to wait until i don't know when as this is serving a municipality...

If you still have issues with the SL81, I worked with Omnitronix to develop the Octel build.

Bill Lazarus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back