Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 350 aria 1.2 software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendor
Jan 5, 2012
US
Once the new year arrived we cannot schedule backup nor can we set a date in our CDR ,once 2015 came around the system will not reconize the date as 2015. The system time and date is correct but you cannot schedule or use cdr, any ideas as to why this happened?

We will replace the ACP card tonight to see if that corrects the issue. If not I think we are going to roll the date to 2009 to see what it does for us.

Thanks to all who have responded!!!

This Octel 350 was the picture of relaibilty till we changed the date now we can't hardly make it through a work day without one to 2 reboots. No reboots or very few reboots on weekends.

jchriscoe
North Carolina

I have over 25 Octel OV250 & OV350 systems running on the 87 date with no issues after cleaning up odd things like an old broadcast message that was never deleted in the system manager mailbox. Any issue from the date would show up immediately or at latest the next day, not days out. The system appears to be rebooting during peak hours. The Abnormal System shutdown type 200 sub code 0C would be caused by a Major System Error. This could be caused by hardware, which it appears you have changed all cards, Drive(s)or a cabinet issue.
A file system error is generally caused by a read/write issue and should not cause a reboot.
The visual messenger pulls the date from the application, not the Octel. That is why they are seeing the correct date. I also have one very large OV350 running visual messenger and they did not have any issues with the date change.The thing visual messenger causes is the amount of connections to each mailbox, like every second, to keep the application up to date with the users mailboxes. That is a real load on the Octel.
It is odd that the issue started after you had a power outage but you stated that the Octel never lost power, BUT could it have had a power surge?
At this time I would be looking at drives or a back-plane issue. Make sure all voltages on the back-plane look good and no burned traces.

** Be careful on changing the year up to 2009, this could purge all messages when the system runs the midnight routine for all old messages.

It sure would not hurt to run a garbage collect on the system to make sure anything hanging is taken care of

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back