Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apply Licence For Aura Platform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
LC
Hi all,

I am trying to apply licences for a full Aura Solution. I have a number of Foundation Suite licences, flare experience,one-X Mobile SIP, Multimedia Messaging, Communication Manager, System Manager, SBC etc.

I am a bit confused as to how to generate these. I have generated for CM or MidSize Enterprise but I am not sure how to licence this now. DO I apply all licenses to the System Manager? If not where do I apply the licences?

NCDS | NCSS | APSS - SME | ACIS - SME | ACSS - SME | ACIS - UC | ACSS - UC | APSS - SCOPIA | APDS - SCOPIA | CCENT

You need to apply licenses to the WebLM servers that your devices are pointing to. I would set your WebLM server for your various products to point at SMGR, then generate everything for the SMGR WebLM host. Many of these devices have WebLM built in to them so you could also generate the license for them and just put them locally to the various products. This is all well documented.

Where can I find documentation on this?

NCDS | NCSS | APSS - SME | ACIS - SME | ACSS - SME | ACIS - UC | ACSS - UC | APSS - SCOPIA | APDS - SCOPIA | CCENT

Thanks, been reading documents all day and can't seem to get it. This is why I came here. The documentation is very vague on how to point the servers to the central WebLM.

dclake -

are you avaya appliances on System Platform or VMWare ?

If you are on System Platfrom - you will need to set the WebLM host via CDOM - you enter it as
The URL will be the licensing address of System Manager

For VMWare, this is dne via CLI etc...

In PLDS - the MAC address will be for the System Manager host.

Thanks.

I am System manager. I have looked for the place to change the WebLM in the CDom Web interface and can't find it.

You set the WebLM settings under Server Management -> System Configuration in cdom web console.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back