Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Server password issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AACon

Programmer
Feb 20, 2008
US
Extremely annoying issue I've seen on several systems.
I have an 11.1.2.4 application server running in hyper-v.
I can go to the console of the hyper-v and login with Administrator and even get to root just fine.
I can exec /opt/Avaya/clish - which is the cli you get when you first SSH into the system normally - and login with Administrator and get to root just fine.
HOWEVER, I *CANNOT* just plain-jane SSH into the application server with Administrator. Every time I get a permission denied.
I've reset the password several times, can still login "locally" but never via SSH.
The big issues with this is that because I cannot SSH, winscp does not work either. Quite irksome.
Anyone else run into this?

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

It's the same for all Linux-based IP Office. SSH is only supported by direct access to the physical server (or from the console for virtual servers).

If you want to enable it, entirely at your own risk (it is off for a reason as you will be bypassing all the IP Office security settings) then you need to edit the sshd_config file.

Avaya's official position would be "not supported" and "what are you doing that needs SSH access? It's only needed for very rare support situations and under Avaya guidance."

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

That doesn't make sense though - every single one I've deployed recently has had SSH access enabled by default.
Plus, it worked when it was deployed, and then suddenly it did not.
I use SSH to migrate files from one server to another, quite handy.

-Austin
qrcode.png

the sshd_config is one of the first things I checked, and permitrootlogin is already yes.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back