Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Server for Server Edition - is that an option now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George FA

Systems Engineer
Jan 30, 2023
RU
My customer has SE with VM Pro and MM running, but needs to separate telephony part and recodings

So, he would like to add an aditioal Virtual Mashine and install Application Server there

During installation (Ignition) of server OVA, we see the message (see the link below)

"Voice Mail Pro is not supported on Application Server in Server Edition."

Could somebody help me to understand what does that mean? Can I install Server Edition and then connect it to external VM Pro and MM resided on Application Server?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=eb1f6894-0979-4bd0-8d07-8202605babc3&file=2023-03-28_10-15-40.png
No needing of that additional machine, you can simply add a secondari HDD (as suggested from MM) to make more resilient and separate the features

Sure, we can add secondary HDD, but customer wants logically or even phisically separate two instances - the telephony and the recordings. Security and traffic issues.

Don't think I've ever had a request like that. It depends on how much they want it separated by. On the new 11.1 versions you can have the Media Manager set to Hosted for the call recording storage, rather than local machine. But if they want the database on completely separate server then you're going to be looking at a different solution like Xima Chornicall/ACR.

You can configure MM to archive recording to separate storage in Google or Azure.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Recording to could is a great option indeed, but I still want to make it clear - if I can use a separate server for both VM and MM is Server Edition solution.

I never seen any documentation about this - only this message during installation.

Set it up and try it then. I suspect you could get the SE primary to use VM running on a separate server. It would require manual configuration and officially it would be unsupported by Avaya but if you really really want this, that's the choice you have to make.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Just to inform people around: I have installed IP Office Select and Application Server, I connected external VM Pro and MM to Select, everything works just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back