Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Application Server Auto Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I've had an issue with a Application Server running on VMWare that flakes out. The voicemail half way works, like you can hear greetings, auto attendants, and even sound like you are leaving a message. However the person never gets the message. If the user already shows messages in their visual voice it says busy after clicking on new. Its happened 3 times in the last 6 months, basically every 2 months. Each time all I've had to do to fix the issue is restart the voicemail services. Is it possible to setup either the voicemail service t restart automatically every 30 days or even set the whole linux server to reboot every 30 days?

They are running ESXi 5.5 which doesn't have any sort of task scheduling. They are upgrading soon so hoping the new ESXi will have some sort of task scheduler where we can set the VM to reboot.

R11.1

service vmpro restart
or
/etc/init.d/vmpro restart
should work.

Add it to cron with
crontab -e

If it doesn't work, create a shell script that runs the command and put that into cron.

Nevertheless... It would be better to find the root cause.

Need some help with IP Office? IP Office SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

gknight1 said:

If they are running that release it might be the issue since it isn't released yet :)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

They are ahead of the game... haha Sorry meant R11 SP1

have you left a message then gone into the folder and see if the wav file is there?

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

yes I've looked in the folder and no it doesn't show up, but you wouldn't know by leaving the message, it all sounds and functions normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back