Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apple Push Notification not opening the Workplace app. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOLackey

Technical User
Jan 5, 2012
GB
Hi Guys,

Has anyone come across the Apple Push Notifications reaching a mobile but not actually bringing the app to the front so it can register. Have an intermittent issue where the mobile will ring, but going to answer it doesn't connect.

Looking through Sysmon and app logs, as well as pcaps from the SBC, I can see the APNP successfully leaving the IPO, but the app log shows nothing there at that time. From a good call there is a log entry for the "PushKitManager: didReceiveIncomingPush" #

We're on R11.1.3.1 for the IPO, and 3.36 for the app, tried all sorts of ios versions. I've also gone through and removed/re-added the APNP config and made sure it's all updating correctly, and added all the various options into the 46xxsettings file.

Only started happening with the app update at the start of the year.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Our solution was to just get rid of IOS. You have two corporations without any real cooperation making different changes. One is updating their rootkits and the other is updating the Workplace app and breaking it with every update.

Hahaha..... If only this was an option :D

I think I may have actually resolved it. Found an obscure TB from April, which was for CM, but one solution was something on the app settings side. Needed to add the following into the 46xxsettings, (Or specials if you're doing it that way although not sure if that works)

# EQNXIOSSPECIFICSETTINGS
SET SIP_CRLF_PING_INTERVAL 0

Apparently, in an effort to keep your firewall nat ports open, the app will send a Carriage Return Line Feed (CRLF) ping to the SBC. It seeems that setting this to 0, which disables the "Feature" will mean "... workplace can always pick up calls without any issue."

Since setting it my tests have been all good, even when dropping between wifi and 5/4g. Just waiting for the customer to confirm it.

This is the TB if anyone else needs it.

If this does work then I'll be sending it to the Avaya Support engineer and manager who claimed it was all working as intended. :D

Star for solution.

Yea we had a customer with hundreds of Iphones. Each update to IOS or to Workplace would break something. They got fed up and just replaced all of them.

Not surprised with Avaya. I'm currently working with them to get Proxmox recognized and supported. Tried to close the ticket on me before it was resolved. So I had them escalate it to upper management.

I believe we had a similar issue when the iphone is on public internet.

Iphone is sleeping, app is unregistered.
call comes in,
APN is send to the phone.
Popup on Iphone is visible
We take the call
Call does not get connected.

The problem was that the APN messages includes the call-id of the sip call that is started by the IPO.
But because our SBC changed the callid of the sipcall: the iphone received a different callid than the original one.
Because there was a mismatch the call was not connected.

Changing a parameter in our audiocodes sbc 'keep original callid' fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back