Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Appear to Multi-Select, but Behave like Multi-Select=None

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbel

Technical User
Jun 27, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a list box on my form. It has a list of item IDs as such:

etc.

I want the user to be able to select multiple item IDs and I want the list box to appear like the multi-select feature is set to "simple" but I want it to behave like it is set to "none."

Did I explain that clearly? If so, can this be done?

Thank you

'Did I explain that clearly?'

Not for me.
'None' means the user can't multiselect so can they or can't they?

I want it to appear like they are multi-selecting, but in reality, I want it to behave like it is not multi-selecting.

So, in appearance, I want it to multi-select...
But for how it behaves code-wise, I want it to not behave like it is multi-selecting..

I understand that this is confusing, but I do not know how to better explain it.

Is that a little clearer?

Thank you

Not clearer to me.

So if a user picks three items, how do you want it to behave? How do you expect to retrieve the items they selected if you don't write the code for it? Why have them pick multiple items if you do not want to process it for them? If they pick multiple items, which one do you want to process?

When they click on an item, I want it to appear like it is not doing anything as if it is waiting for the user to select more items. But actually it is running the AfterUpdate code that was written for a list box that has the mutli-select feature set to "none." If I select MultiSelect=Simple, the code doesn't function as I need it to.

So basically, after each selection of an item ID, the list box runs the AfterUpdate code but it keeps that item highlighted (and any other selected item IDs highlighted until the form is closed.)

Is that clearer?

Thank you

If I select MultiSelect=Simple, the code doesn't function as I need it to.

HOW is your code not functioning how you need it to? What is your code and what do you want it to do? Seems to me running the code one time at a time would have the same result as running the code all at once on multiple items. What is the functionality you're trying to achieve?

I'm not going to answer any more here because you've now posted the same question again here, with more details:

thread181-970726

It's frustrating when people post the same question multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back