Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone integrating apps with Sage Accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
For years I've been integrating VFP apps with Sage Line 50 Accounts, it's been pretty easy to do, the structure of their
tables doesn't change much and when people upgrade I get them to send me a copy of the various files I need to read and
use a hex editor to find out where the bits I want are and then use FOPEN and FREAD to get the lists of customers and
suppliers that I might want. The users had all kinds of servers from NAS boxes to old laptops stuck in cupboards running
windows XP even UNIX boxes.

Starting with the most recent version of Sage though, it's all changed. The only servers they can have are Windows ones,
and they have to run a Sage Data Service (which I assume is a bit like SQL Server). So now the data is remote and not
necessarily readable from a workstation.

Has anyone else starting to try and communicate from VFP to the Sage Data Service?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

I honestly don't know - I'm right at the beginning of this.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back