Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any MAX Users here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
Not the right place to be asking these questions - sorry.

Anyone out there written anything in ASP to interface with MAXUPdate Module?

Mighty

I tried to use MAX Update with VB6 and never was able to get reliable results. Their documentation was "lacking".

I managed to get it working eventually with ASP and it is working well. I agree that the documentation is lacking though.

Mighty

We were using it for order entry. I could get it to update the SO Detail and SO Master, but it wouldn't touch any of the other tables required unless I specifically knew which ones to update. When they sold us on the module they said UPDATE would take care of all the details behind the scenes. We thought we would provide all the order entry data- feed it to the order entry module and we would be done. As it turned out it was easier to write the VB code.

So far I have used it for transactions (post-operation completions,shop issues, scraps and receipts) and for shop order creation and it has worked fine.

I am about to start working on sales order creation so am a little perturbed about your last comment. What tables were not getting updated?

Mighty

I can't get to my notes now, but there were 3 or 4 tables. Req. Detail was one, Order Master was another. Basically they give you the procedures, but don't tell you which ones to use and in which sequence. If you get it going I would be interested. Maybe I missed something or can help you with what I completed.

Paul
pr@prowland.com

Did you have any DLL problems with this? I am running my first test but am getting a "Path/File access error" on the line that attempts to load the order.

This tends to be something to do with a path to a DLL file.

Mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back