Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
One of the sites I frequent is answers.com

I'm astounded at the questions on there, however. Here are a few to make you chuckle. (Spelled exactly as seen)

What wight oil goes in rear end on a 250 Honda ex threewealer?

What are diffrent types of ratatouy?

What are the five orangelles that all cells have?

How many times does the moon go into the sun?

How do you you toward in a sentence?

Have crickets been around since the sixth century?

Can r2d2 survive in water?

What is the opposite of 1 ton?

.... I weep for the species. Just think... these kids are our future legislature.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

How can you learn to speak Sign Language?

I was just saying the other day that for my commute to work (about an hour each day), I've been listening to audio books.

I was thinking that I'd get an audio book to learn sign language. :) (I was telling that one around the office to get people's reactions...)

Q: Why does the fan fuse keep blowing?

Umm.... if it keeps blowing, then the fan is working, right? Fan... fuse... blowing... that's almost too much to wrap my brain around this early in the morning. :)

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Q. How mang sock does g have?

No typos from me there. That site is unbelievable, even allowing for the fact that many of the people asking the questions probably don't have English as a first language.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

BadBigBen said:
... I sacred my cat and it ran out of the room...
Poor cat. What did you do to it, again?

SamBones,
Sounds like those kiddy-humor questions and answers that my son reads to me from candy wrappers.

I love the answers you guys have been offering. I do see a lot of good, serious answers on there, but I wonder how many joke answers are given.

One thing that's painfully obvious is that the majority of the questions are clearly homework questions. I hope they don't think that answers.com constitutes serious online research.

I was thinking it might be fun to try to embed a subtle message to the teacher in an answer that the person asking the question would miss and copy verbatim into their work. Or is my opinion of the average teacher too high? [bigsmile]

Ben said:
I sacred my cat...
So, what you are saying, Ben, is that, at your house, instead of exclaiming, "Holy cow!", you exclaim, "Holy Cat!", right?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Stella, poor cat... no no, poor me... don't you know that a man's home is his castle, but once a cat moves in it takes over...

Santa, ooopss... I sure would not win at a spelling-bee contest...

P5 yep, that would be more likely, though I tend to use expletives in English or Spanish, rather than German... Yeah I know, I am a strange one... he he...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

The sacred cat was probably Egyptian I guess.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

What is the opposite of 1 ton?

Eggdrop?

Thanks,
Andrew

[smarty] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

Yeah, 1 ton = wonton...I guess this belongs in the "Puns" thread.

Thanks,
Andrew

[smarty] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

Why do have brail on the buttons for the drive through at the bank?

Fixin said:
Why do have brail on the buttons for the drive through at the bank?

Hey Mike! I thought you disappeared from here! (LOL)

And here's another thought... what's the point of having braille on the buttons, if the rest of the thing is touch-screen anyway?

I'll give you a scarier thought... my blind buddy, Jim, got a gun license in Illinois.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

But he's got to paint the gun barrel white to warn the burglars? ;-)

p5

Why do scientists call it research when they are looking for something new?

-- Francis
In Deo nos confídimus.
Ceteris pariatur.

Francis said:
Why do scientists call it research when they are looking for something new?
Right...And why do physicians, lawyers, psychiatrists, et cetera call what they do practice and then send me a bill? If they are practicing on me, then I should send them a bill, right?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Cogito Ergo Sum" It's just not what you think.
Maybe answers.com aint either!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Yep.

Also, if you choke a Smurf what color would it turn?

-- Francis
In Deo nos confídimus.
Ceteris pariatur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back