Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another MAI Naming Contest...This time a REAL prize ! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
(Previous MAI "Naming" Contests:
thread1256-1119910 (SantaMufasa: 08 Sep 2005),
thread1256-1128199 (MiniMufasa [my daughter]: 26 Sep 2005),
thread1256-1383890 (DeepDiverMom: 02 Jul 2007

So...it's been awhile since our last "Naming"-fest.)

The Prize: Gift Certificate -- Dinner for Two at a nice restaurant local to the winner.

The Challenge: Submit names or themes that appropriately brand a new offering (ITSM) from our IT organization. Here is the (only) description that I have received, so far, regarding the offering:
Collateral said:
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a discipline for managing information technology (IT) systems that is focused on meeting customer needs at a level of quality they can afford. ITSM helps IT organizations meet user expectations by understanding and managing the complicated relationships among infrastructure components, including networks, applications, and databases.

ITSM will help us manage the services that we deliver and support for our customers. It will ensure that the future of our organization is built on best practice processes, supported by leading technology solutions that will be scalable for supporting the continued growth of the organization. It will help us do more with less.

ITSM will help us better meet our customer’s needs. Over the coming months, there will be training, workshops, service definition sessions, technology implementations, and process changes. Each of us will eventually be users of the new processes and systems.
The collateral that I have received refers to this offering as a discipline. I have e-mailed to appropriate managers, a request to determine if the organization also considers ITSM to be a "service", or a "product", or a "department", or a "standard", or a "manual", or a "methodology", or a "quality-assurance activity", or something else. As soon as I receive a response to my inquiry, I'll post it here to assist MAI-ers in creating their submissions.

Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 10, 19:00 hrs.(Mountain Standard Time: UTC -7).

Winner-Selection Process: Our organization has an impartial judging board. If the judges select one of your MAI submissions, then you win the Gift Certificate I mentioned, above, and I will announce that Grand-Prize-winning selection here in this thread.

If the judging board does not select an MAI submission, then we MAI-ers will make our own recognitions for honorable mentions from our submissions in this thread. (But the gift certificate won't apply in that case.)

Keep in mind that the organization is very conservative/image conscious, so radical, fringy, or overly comical submissions (et cetera) won't work well with the judging board (but...We MAI-ers will certainly enjoy such submissions[2thumbsup]). So, to win the gift certificate, make submissions that the judging board will seriously consider.

If you need any clarifications, please post your inquiries here, and I'll try to get answers as soon as possible.

Have fun with this!

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Bit late (always my problem), but just found out what our Service Desk is called at work, and kinda like it.

Its 247247, and that is also the extension number and the email address.

Good innit!

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Fee said:
our Service Desk is called...247247, and that is also the extension number and the email address.
Kinda like our DBA Team Duty Phone: 240-DBAS...Easy to remember. (...but in the UK, they don't have letters on their phone keypads, so only meaningful in places with alphas on their numbers. [2thumbsup])

[santa]Mufasa
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Aaargh!! We're in in Making an Impression ... can't believe I ended up with such a ridiculous misplaced apostrophe ... I'll just go and shoot myself

Well, an impression WAS made... Just not the impression strongm would have liked to make. ;-)

p5

Well, an impression WAS made...
And what kind of impression does passive voice leave? <grin>

[santa]Mufasa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back