Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement before any call

Status
Not open for further replies.

sespinoza

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2016
US
I am looking to put an announcement "your call may be recorded..." in front of all calls directly dialing our sales guys.
Currently we have it set up in our auto attendant but we also have DIDs setup so if a customer calls the DID, they never hear that announcement.
I know about the option in VM Pro to play an announcement to callers when they get connected to someone who has call recording setup, but this can lead to hearing the message more than once if they are transferred.
So I was trying to figure out how to get that announcement to play for all 400+ DIDs that we have setup so that along with the auto attendant greeting would cover all incoming avenues.
Thanks in advance.

Create a AA named "recAnnouncer" and upload your recording for this AA (read the manuals about this or search this forum).
Do NOT set any action and set the "Maximum inactivity" to a time based on your tests, I suggest 1 sec to start with.
In ICR set the "AA:recAnnouncer" as primary target and the to be called user as fallback target.
What happens?
A call arrives in a ICR and will be presented the message in "AA:recAnnouncer", there is nothing to choose from so the call will be routed to the fallback destination after the full message have been played plus 1 second.

Thanks for the reply.
1. So if I create a new AA, I dont add any modules, just leave as is (like the picture) and upload recording to it?
2016-07-13_16-36-59_z7ngdf.png

If so, I wasn't sure where to set the "Maximum Inactivity", I didnt see it in there.

2. So would this mean I would have to change all 400+ ICRs we have set up to have the new AA as the destination and fallback would be the called user?

thanks again

Oh, my error, thought you had Embedded VM.
With VM pro it might be a bit more complicated.
I have no solution on my mind right now and over here it is time to go to sleep.
If no one else comes with a idea I will come back on it later.

you could record on the Incoming Call Route instead of the user?

Guess you could send all calls to a VM module that plays the announcement and then transfers the call to $DDI, that way you just need a default ICR.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

if your DID matches your extension number then janni's suggestions is the way to go.
If your extensions don't match you need a startpoint for each DID in the vmpro that then plays the prompt and after that transfers the call to the users.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Our DIDs do not match the extensions so from what I am reading here, it seems I would have to create something for each individual DID. That's a bummer. Thank you guys for your input.

You don't have to create something for each DID, just set the recording on the incoming call route like I suggested earlier and remove it from the user.

Sorry, I totally missed your post. If I do what you stated, that would play the announcement if the sales person (the DID who is being called) picks up the call. If the call isn't picked up, then they will have the option to 0 out to get to a customer service rep. When they do, they would get the announcement played and if they are transferred to another agent, then they would get the announcement again.
My goal is to have that customer hear that announcement either at the AA or if they call the DID (whether the call is picked up or not). I would not want it to be possible to hear the announcement more than once throughout the call. I just need to make sure all entrances are covered and that the customer hears the announcement at least once.

How come you don't just check off "Play advice on call recording" in VM Pro? Wouldn't that solve your issue in 10 seconds? Unless I am misunderstanding the request.

all of your calls come through a ICR, so if you set it up on just the ICRs and remove it from the user themselves, it will only announce at one place.

fieldtechonIT - The reason I dont want to use that is that a customer could hear that played multiple times throughout a call if they are transferred. It doesnt just play it once, it plays it every time you connect to someone who has call recording on. I would want them to only hear it once whether it be in the AA or through calling the DID.

gknight1 - hmm I think I see what you mean now. Though I think I may need clarify something. We have Avaya IPO Contact Center as well. We have groups in there like customer service, tech support, etc. The calls that go to them dont have an ICR setup (they dont have DIDs). When you dial customer service, the group extension just forwards it to IPOCC without any ICR. So you can get to them either by dialing their extension or while in a sales person's voicemail, you can press 0 (or 2 I think)
So with your idea, I would still need to have VM Pro "play advice on call recording" turned on right?

Like I said, it doesn't matter if they have incoming call route for their individual extension. The call has to come into the system somehow to start with, so how is it getting into the system... via ICR. You could have one DID and 100 extensions on a system, if you record at the ICR level, you don't need to worry about putting it on a per user or per group basis because every call that comes in via that one ICR is being recorded.

Yes, you would use the "play advice on call recording" check box. you can always customize that as well, just find out what prompt it is, record something yourself and rename it to match the default.

Understood. I'm going to test this tonight and let you know how it works.
My test would be:
1. to turn off call recording on the user level
2. turn on "play advice..." on VM Pro
3. choose the ICR for one of the main numbers
4. call main number and connect with an agent/group

What I am not so sure about is how this would apply for a DID. We have an ICR for each DID (so about 500) and these dont go through just one ICR. Unless I am mistaken, the DID comes in through its own ICR and sends it to the proper extension. Am I missing something here? It seems like I would need to turn on recording for each ICR?

yes that should work.

yes, you will want to take the call recording off of every single user and put it on every single DID. if you have it on both you will end up with two recordings of the same call.

Gknight
The OP is wanting a custom announcement for the recording so I think it is safe to assume he has already switched off the Automatic one.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back