Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announce Name of Incoming Callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipolmans

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2013
CA
Hi There,

I have a client looking to be able to have their incoming callers record their name, which will then be announced to the internal users before the call goes live, is this possible?

Yes if you have VM Pro. I would hate calling someone with this setup.

i have just done this recently and it is an awful thing to hear when dialling in.

you do need VMPro

And could they have options after they hear the name of the caller, like with call screening, to be able to answer the call, send it to voicemail or maybe even play a pre-recorded message that says they'll be with you shortly and place the call on hold?

Yes, read the Voicemail Pro help for the Whisper action.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

And get looking for more customers, this one won't last long :)

Plus one for amriddles statement.

I would never call that place again if I had to record my name before getting transferred. That is OK for conference calls but really for a regular call just nuts.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I would just start screaming obscenities.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

You can only do that when you are from Colorado and blame it on weed consumption :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I would just start screaming obscenities.

I would polity say that as tey clearly did not want my business I was going elsewhere & ten wait to see what the response was.

ten again I one kept a cold caller on the phone for 15 minuets by telling im the only reason i was not hanging up was to run up his phone bill & waste his time.

Some of my friend call me a trouble maker (& that is just the polite ones) :)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back