Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue Terminal Adaptors

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpoUser08

Technical User
Aug 22, 2008
GB
Hi- has anyone evr used an ATA with an IPO? If so, any recomendations?

Yes i did.
Use Audiocodes or something simular.
If on 5.0 or higher then you could use a FXS and sip end point licenses per analog port used.
If 4.2 and lower then you need a FXO and a FXS and the amount of free analog ports on the ipo equal to the amount of ports used on the FXS.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Used the CISCO ATA witH R5 and a SIP load in the CISCO worked a treat need the 3rd party IP enpoint licence.

[cheers]

Thanks guys. Just to qualify, this is for analogue extensions, not trunks.

And the system is V6.

Then you still need sip endpoint licenses :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

I'm using a standard linksys PAP2 over an ADSL link for a warehouse cordless analogue phone running in Christchurch off the system in Auckland. Seems to run really well. It is the only phone/ device on the end of the VPN link most of the time except one PC doing RDP back to Auckland too..
Running IP500V1 with 5.0.8 and yes, SIP endpoint license required for SIP extensions. 8)
There are docs on the knowledgebase site and partner portal about sip extensions. Usually just need to get the user login details right in telephony tab. ie login code.
Disable the built in * codes, feature codes built into the ATA if possible. that can cause dramas and conflicts with existing Avaya short codes.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back