Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog ports not working on Avaya IP office 8.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostZman

Vendor
Sep 22, 2011
US
Just installed a new Avaya IP Office 8.1 with a combo card and and phone 8 card. Its part of a SCN. Everthing seems to work except I cannot get any of the analog extensions on the phone 8 to register to a user. I can get dial tone and even call another extension, but it comes up as NoUser. I have built all the extensions and checked all the programming. Its almost like it is waiting for me to log in the user to that extension, which I was not aware of as possible. When I check it under system status, the current USER field is blank and the current user is NoUser. Of my two analog ports on the combo card, only one is registering as well, the other shows the same thing as the phone 8 card.

I can't find anything on any known bugs on version 8.1 in regards to this. Tech support is baffled as usual...

Did you reboot?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The phrase "built all the extensions" is worrying. With analog extension ports, extension and user entries are automatically created in the configuration when the system is started!? It will ignore any you created manually.

So, say for example the extn numbers are 201, 202, 203 etc, do you also have users with extn 201, 202 and 203 etc? :)

logging in9and out) on an anlaog extn is possible.
*35*N#

but this sounds like you have no users matching the physical extn's as suggested by Sizbut & Amridle.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I changed the default numbering plan to 4 digit, so I changed the extension numbers to 4100, 4101, etc.. and created new users at 4100, 4101, etc. The only extension that appears to work is 4100. It is port BP 1-7.

I suppose I could try logging it in using a butt set.

I did reboot the system.

Goto the user.
User > Telephony > Supervisor > give them a login code
Then use the code like IPGuru says. *35*<extn>*<login_code>#
Then when its logged in remove the login code again.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back