Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog lines in 1 Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murksel

Technical User
Feb 18, 2008
DE
Just" another configuration issue. ;o)

Setup is the following, BCM50 Rls 3, 3 analog lines and 3 sets (there are 2 more IP and 2 digital ones as well but leave them out for now).

We have:

Lines 61, 62, 63
DNs 234, 235, 236
Public ... 905, 915, 916

We set up Pool B for those 3 lines. Pool B has all three DNs assigned.

Now, no matter what phone we want to dial out (9) on, the first line they pick is 63 (counting down 62, 61 if you take the next set).

I can ring from 905 to 915 - no problem. (line 63 to 62)
But if I ring 916 from 905 I get a busy tone. As far as we can see it the problem comes from 905 taking up line 63 which would be used for the incoming one for 916.

How does the system determines the idle lines? Or where can I tell the BCM that it should pick a different line while analog lines are in the same pool?

Possible at all?

Thanks,

Murksel

The dial 9 is defaulted to pool a and that has lines 61,62,63 and 64 in it. You need to build a route to use pool B and a destination code that dial say 8 to access pool b.
And what is 905,915 916?

Calls go out starting with highest to lowest.

You can only assign Trunks/Lines to 1 Pool.

If you only have 3 Trunks/Lines, why not just have Pool A?

I think your trying to do something the system can't do.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

905 and so on are the end digits of the phone numbers.

We have destination code 9 or 8 doesn't really matter in this case and pool shouldn't either.

Pool A is used for other tests. :)

It sounds like you are talking about hunting or rollover from the phone company. If call comes in on 905 it should ring if 905 is busy it should roll to 915 and ring if busy roll to 916 and ring but if 916 busy meaning all lines in use should get busy. Also when you grab a line it uses line 63-916 if you call it it will show a busy.

You have 3 Trunks/Lines for incoming and outgoing, if they are setup to HUNT from your main number to the 2 other Trunks/Lines by the phone Company, it shouldn't make any difference what Trunk/Line you use to make an outgoing call.

If you don't have the Phone company Hunting your trunks/lines, then you may have a problem if you don't have the system programmed correctly.

You shouldn't even be concerned which number you call and what Line it comes in on if the phone company is doing the hunting from the main number, it will send the call to the next available Trunk/Line.

At my site I have 8 lines and the Main number hunts to Line 2 then 2 hunts 3 then 3 hunts 4 and so on and so on and then 8 hunts back to 1, so as long as I have a Trunk/Line that is not busy, I can make an incomming call by just calling the main number or I can make an outgoing call.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back