Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog line not getting voicemail on server edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollymaster

Programmer
Aug 8, 2013
CA
Hello everyone,

I have a server edition on latest R10 version with IPO 500V2 with module 16 analog trunk.

Here is the issue i have. when we call a line that goes to a VM menu everything is working fine VM is answering the call, but when we call a line that goes directly to a user extension the voicemail of that user never pickup the call and just keep ringing and ringing..

Everything work fine when dialing internaly the user , call goes to voicemail.

It is doing the same thing with all 16 lines in that system...

Any tips will be appreciate!

Regards

Do you have an Incoming Call Route for the line pointed at the user?

Yes the incomming point direct to the user ,with no apperance key for that line on this phone.

Is the user built on the IP 500 control unit or an IP station on the server edition?

so just to be clear, if I come in on an auto-attd and select an extension it rings and then goes to his voicemail. But when you call his direct inward dial number it does not, if this is correct then sounds line no incoming call route buil, it needs to be the correct inward id, also if the pri is on the server edition then build the incoming call route there and not on the ip 500

PRI cannot be on the server edition that is what the IP500 is for.
Mike

do you have the incoming call routes bu
ilt in the IP500 or the server? If you are using a PRI the call routes need to be in the IP500, the server will only work with SIP. Could you get us a monitor trace of the call failing?
Mike

Remember issue is with analog line they dont have any PRI..

All user IP phone build into the server edition, and yes they are incomming call route direct to those users

What types of phones (always useful)? and are they users on the primary or on the IP500 V2?

"with no apperance key for that line on this phone." - do you mean line appearance or call appearance. You must have some call appearances for most Avaya phones to work properly.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Incomming call route are build in the 500V2, extension all 9608 are in the server edition not in the 500

a monitor trace from both the IP500 and the SE would help a lot.
Mike

Just for giggles;

1. Add a hunt group on the IP500 and turn voicemail on
2. Add the original user to the hunt group
3. Go to voicemail Pro and customize the Hunt group VM box and do a leave mail action that sends the mail to the intended user
4. Chg the ICR and send the copper line to the new hunt group.

see what happens

or:

You may need to activate trunk to trunk transfer on the original copper line as the path to the intended user is via an IP trunk

flyguy2

I have the same issue with one of the line going direct to a hunt group, voicemail doesn't pickup the call

There is 2 combocard and one 16 trunk module , all configure the same way.

I have install a lot of IPO and it's the first time a get a problem like this one

can you plug in a 9508 to the combo card and dial *17 and get VM? Can you post the config so we can look it over?

Voicemail is working, when a call the main line and get VM menu answering the call and dial directly any extension, the call goes to user mailbox, when dialing internally any extension we hit the VM.

but when i call that same user with is private analog line pointing directly in ICR to is phone, it just keep ringing and call never goes to the voicemail

Just to be sure, you built the hunt group on the IP500 control unit not the server and it didn't go to voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back