Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog DID trunks Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

power23boy

Technical User
Aug 30, 2005
BB
Ihave four analog DID trunks install on a new MICS with 7.0 software, I can only receive calls to the operator if I set the DID trunks to prime, and there is a long delay before the phone rings I have configure the target lines to each telephone along with the received digits.Ihave tested the received digits by connecting my test set at the demarcation point,the correct phone rings.Do I need to used a COMBO card?.

It acts like you don't have any DTMF Receivers in the system.

No, you don't need the clocking card - your setup should work. Are you sure you are receiving the correct number of digits? What do you hear when you listen to an incoming call w/ your buttset?

Each DID Trunk Cartridge also has four DTMF receivers dedicated to those trunks.

I have answered calls on the butt set and talk to the caller it was clear I did not hear any noise. Should I point the four Analog DID trunks each to a target line? My understanding of DID is that telco assinge a block of numbers to the trunks which I assinge these numnbers as received digits to a target line associated to an ext.By the way I tried different received digit length.

Make sure the 4 trunks are set to AUTO ANSWER to the system can process the digits.

MarvO said it

I am not being able to set these trunks to auto answer
I do not see this promp while programing the DID trunks.

I will check this and let you know.One question for anyone who knows, do I have to apply each DID trunk to a target line and then apply this target line to telephones? I know the option11 translate the incoming digits and routs them to the correct phone.

I have been able to change to supervision because I do not see this prompt in the DID trunk settings. I have check with telco they have configure the trunks with no numbers assigned, they have assigned a hole block of numbers and point them at the DID trunks this works with the option 11 systems I will try to have them reconfigure to have a number for each trunk.If this is done can anyone tell me if I can then configure these trunk to answer at the Auto DN get back system dialtone then dial the ext.
Would this setupwork?.
Thank everyone very much for responding.

You Shouldn't have to do all that. You do need to assign a target line for each number you will be using. However you don't necessarily have to assign the target line to the telephone. If you don't assign the line anywhere, will ring nowhere once, then will ring on the prime set.

Hi, I have applied a target line to a trunk and assign the target line to a telephone made a call did not ring,applied prime line to trunk and it ring at prime phone,let me say we had an option 11 and we were looking for the same one on one situation where you can dial a seven digit direct to any ext. If I used auto dn will I have to install a comdo card?

You can prime the target lines with your receive digits to the actaul extension. Example - DID 555-555-5555, target line #157 = receive #5555, prime to extension 5555. You do not need a combo or service cartridge. Confirm how many digits you are receiving from telco - I think that might be the problem.

I had a talk with telco today they engineer told me that they do not support loop start analiog DIDs for the norstar the exchange is a DMS100, Would you be able to tell me what type of configuration comes from telco?.

Yes I have Install a DID card, I thought these cards were analog. Note: we are not using PRI.

Analog DID has been around a long time. They are ground start lines (inbound only) hence no need for dial tone. They operate in auto answer mode. Once the switch answers the line the CO transmits in either pulse or dtmf the last 3 or 4 digits of the phone number dialed. Its then up to the switch to translate the digits received and assign the call to target lines.

M

Thanks I will get telco to switch to ground start and will let you know the outcome.I was about to ask them to make the change.

DID'S ARE NOT GROUND START, THE NORSTAR SUPPLIES THE CENTRAL OFFICE WITH BAT AND GRD. WHEN THE CENTRAL OFFICE GOES OFF HOOK THE NORSTAR WILL WINK THE OFFICE INDICATING THAT IT CAN SEND THE DIGITS.
IF THESE ARE ANALOG DID'S JUST GO OFF HOOK AT THE DEMARK AND DIAL YOUR DID NUMBER, PHONE SHOULD RING

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I have done this test already works just fine can call any ext and talk to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back