Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar0315

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2013
US
I am able to build a 500 on the TN but I receive no dial tone. But the card in the shelf still shows a Red Alarm, as if the card is disabled or not equipped. Thanks for any help!

When you plug in the card does it flash 3 times? What happens if you stat the card? What type of switch, cabinet, chassis, etc?

I'd have to run back real quick I don't know if it's 3 times but it does flash. I am able to stat the card and shows that the first TN is built and idle. It's an 81c.

The card is 20 1 4...also in the cabinet has a callpilot...the card is right before the callpilot

Is there other analog cards in that shelf that work?

Yes...quite a few of them actually. All after the callpoint though

The Call Pilot shouldn't matter. I'm assuming it is a 200 I or 201 I Call Pilot in slot 5 and 6?

Yes that's right. I just don't get how I'm not getting it to work...I will say there was a digital card not being used on that slot so I installed a analog card because we need more analogs. I outted the digital card in ld 20 but didn't build a new card just built a phone on that card and it took. Is there something else I'm missing?

I agree, kinda strange. My first guess would be a faulty card. If the card is not faulty then I believe you may have to disable and force download the controller.

Yes it is and yes I have no luck but I haven't done enls yet...ill try that...yeah still a red alarm and to answer the previous question...it does blink 3 times

Can you post us what you are trying to do please?. Has your system got spare analogue licenses?. Is the card slot that you are using spare?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

He must have licenses or it wouldn't have let him program it. Original post says it all

I've seen this problem before when a card slot was programmed as a digital and then replaced with an analog. It's like something is stuck in the working database in memory. When I have seen it the problem cleared up only after a sysload was performed.

Do you have any other available slots to try the card in?

Here's a thought. Remove the 500 set programming from that card. Then do an OUT CARDMLT followed by L S C. Then do a new CARDSLT followed by L S C and then program the 500 set back and see if it works.

Sorry for the delay in posting...got busy building other phones until I could come back to the problem. So I had did everything y'all pretty much said..outting the analog putting the digital back then outting the digital and installing a analog card again...until I found a series that worked. I didn't. So I just grabbed another new analog card installed that one still didn't take...packed up the new analog card I had just grabbed...put back the previous new analog card back in the slot...built a phone and it worked...sometimes I hate machines haha but it's working now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back