Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate ways of MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalyd

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
US
I'm trying to integrate a Meridian switch with an Asterisk PBX, using Asterisk as the primary voicemail. Everything works great (4 digit dialing, message waiting key, hunt/fna to vm), except MWI.

Does anybody know of a way to activate/deactivate the MWI without 2616 set emulation? Or an affordable (non dialogic) way of set emulation?

might look up set to set msg'ing. i've never tried to enulate a msg lamp key with a spree code so i don't know if it's possible, but if faced with that problem that would be my best guess.. i have made the rolm phone mail light phones on the nortel switch but that was years ago.. usually there is a work around but not knowing the asterick, i can't be much help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How about SMDI instead? Does a Meridian switch support SMDI?

no SMDI - Used to long time ago

Can you do QSIG T1

qsig is the fastest and cleanest way to go.. i can post a qsig pri that has worked on this forum for anything i've tried it on.. at my current site, it's used for cisco call manager, but it's almost an exact copy of one that i helped with on a rolm, the rolm end was simple and the rolm phone mail did the lamps on the meridian phones.. that was a strange setup.. the user had a new mermail but only used it for menus.. added a networked rolm phone mail because other sites had rolm switches and mail

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John--Do you mind posting the qsig config? Also, I think I read a Cisco whitepaper somewhere that stated that qmwi wasn't supported on Meridian until Rel. 25.40. Is that true?

In Asterisk, there are no QSIG MWI facilities supported as of yet in the libpri protocol stack.

an mik and mck key will turn lights off and on, if you can emulate those your ok.. on rolm or centigram you emulate a 2616 or 2008 adding those keys and transfer to get a clean intergration... qisg is my choice between two switches, every time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You could use the Background Terminal feature.
If you can set up the Asterisk to communicate on a serial port then you cam turn message lights on and off with Background Terminal commands.
This is similar to the PMS (Property Management Systems) used in hotels.

Stanley is right. BGD commands are often used by systems which doesn't handle any other ways for that kind of service.

As command example :
SE ST "DN" MW ON
SE ST "DN" MW OF

to turn lamp on or off

Nalyd, if you're still being notified of this thread, is there a way you can contact me (via this thread to start) about your Asterisk integration? I'm highly interested -- I've got an 11C and moderate Asterisk experience, with one remote ~25 user system in permanent use for 18 months. Would love to see the appropriate config files/Nortel programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back