Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate MOH Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2007
US
We have an installation on a IP500v2 (11.1) that requires 2 MOH messages, and both are over 5 minutes in length. The default MOH source is External and is working great. So for the new 2nd source, because of the size of the Professionally Recorded MOH files, It looks like we have (2) choices.

Load the file and play from a TFTP server (Either Manager or a 3rd party)

Load the file onto some sort of playback device and use an available single line port to connect into system.

I've tried the Manager based TFTP server with a number of configuration adjustments, but it has been a no go.

And I've hunted for Avaya's documentation on this, but found very little. What I have found is not clear.

Has anyone seen or developed a guide for setup on Alternate MOH sources on the IP500v2?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Load the file onto some sort of playback device and use an available single line port to connect into system.

Thanks Nortel4Ever. That seems to make the most sense considering the size of the file.

Have you seen any instructions for this option?

With internally loaded files, the IP Office is limited to 90 seconds length on any file, so it has to be an external source. For a second external source, that would mean connecting via a analog extension port.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

ps. Why 5 minutes?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Good advice, and good questions. Spoke to the decision maker today about getting the message down to 90 seconds or less and they were all good with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back