Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS Printer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoc Perez

Technical User
Mar 3, 2017
US
So the problem I am having is With Aloha POS.
90% of the time orders are received on the correct printer. I.E. Burger, Specialty, or Seafood.
However there are a few times that items have been sent to the wrong printer. I believe it is more common when there is another item ordered from another department. For example, if I have a burger (Burger) and an Oyster order (Seafood) the burger might print to the Seafood department printer. I checked that all the printer routing is still correct. Which it is.

My staff has determined that it sends it to whichever item is sent first.
i.e. If I ring oyster, burger and cheese. It will print all the items to seafood.

I need to find a fix's.

So is the first item in a submenu and the 2nd item etc in a pop up screen after you hit the main item? If so those are modifiers and they are default set to follow the main item where it is routed to. If not then we would need more information on how your store settings and printer settings are setup. Also what versions are you using of Aloha, Aloha Manager, New Aloha Manager, CFC?

If you provide us more information on exactly how the items are ordered I am sure we can come up with the problem and solution.

Enoc

Pay attention to what is ordered. If 90% of the time everything is correct, there must be an item or more that are throwing off the printing. When it does go sideways, does it stay that way for remainder of night or just for that order? You may have a check box in your chit print settings that is letting station 1 know of orders at other stations. If you could post a picture of the chits next time it happened, it may provide more insight.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Here is the Version of Aloha I am using Aloha CFC. This is a QS site so setup is not the same as TS. I have check all Printer setting and they are right. There is nothing in Store Setting that could do this.

Aloha_Version_m3888m.jpg

printer_setting_hbwmtz.jpg

Check your event schedule and the actual items that go haywire. There may be settings in the general settings tab under the items that say do not follow parent item. There may also be printer re-route events setup in your event schedule. Check the actual printer routing of those items too. Things like this only tend to happen with Aloha Kitchen in my experience with routing rulebook but that isn't in play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back