Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha is grouping two days together

Status
Not open for further replies.

devils

Vendor
Jul 22, 2017
US
Hi all,

I hope this all makes sense.We recently had a power outage, and the end of the day was not ended until the next morning and closed out sales to cash that were not accounted for. All of the terminals were locked, and A forced end of the day was preformed (which most likely should not of been) before any sales happened, resulting in the sales for that day being grouped into the following day I believe. Now all the sales for that day, and the labor for that day are grouped into one day. There are no recorded sales in the BOH aloha computer for the day that the end of the day force happened. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

When you forced END of DAY you advanced the Date of Business. So if did a force EOD on Friday morning, it will not do an end of day again until Saturdays end of day. There is no way for you to fix it. There is software NCR can use to split your trans.log into 2 files. Then put the split files into there correct dated folders. Regrind and all will be fixed.

As a general rule to follow NEVER HIT FORCE END OF DAY unless you have been instructed to do so. Only bad things happen when you do it on your own.

The best you can do now is edit your labor by moving the second shifts into the other day with no labor 1 staff at a time from BOH. Sales will be as they are.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

Thank you so much for your response, this helps a lot!

If you would like them split to separate days, i can do that for you.

Sheerdyn

I cant as it is linked to the dongle. it wont work without the dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back