Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Error Message when Refreshed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle9

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
US
Hello,

I am getting an error message when I refresh. It says "Could not read parms." When I click OK, the system comes up and operates normally. What should be done to correct this issue? A link to a screenshot has been posted below.

Thank you!

The program having the issue is dbup3, which I didn't think ran when doing a refresh, but I could see why it might.

Maybe try running a database upgrade on both newdata and data. Utilities > Database Upgrade. Take the defaults and hit run. Then do it again, but change "NEWDATA" to "DATA" in both lines. Refresh.

If that doesn't work, post here and I will look some more. There was nothing overt that I found on a first glance through the documentation.

Okay, thanks. I will do that today and let you know what I find out.

The database upgrade for NEWDATA worked, but the upgrade for DATA did not. I am still occasionally seeing this error message; it's not constant, just comes up once in a while.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Mitchell,

When you say it didn't work for Data, what do you mean? What happened when you tried? Any error messages?

Doing the dbup on Data is really more of an extra thorough step. Doing it on Newdata and refreshing should take care of any issues, so this is not making sense right now.

Can you also provide a snippet of the master terminal debout at the time of the FOH error occurrence? Give about 30 seconds worth of information from before and after the "Terminal Up" message.

Thanks

Thanks, I think I got it all figured out. I'll let you know if I have any more issues with this.

Would you mind posting the answer so we know for next time?

Thanks. Glad you got it worked out.

The database upgrades fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back