Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha EDC will not accept AMEX cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lformolo42

Technical User
May 19, 2010
US
I have visanet set up and my merchants setup. I have a stand alone credit card machine that takes all cards but the terminal card swipe will not take AMEX cards. Any ideas?

In EDC, check that Amex is using visanet (Configure/Cards).

I called AMEX and it is set up for us to use as well as our processor. It works on our stand alone machine but not the terminal swipe.

What version of Aloha are you using?
Is it PCI compliant?

I think our version is 6.2.8 and the error just does not authorize AMEX cards in the terminal swiper. When I try to add AMEX as our processor, it asks for Terminal ID (2 digits), Process control id (6 digits), Service id (6 digits), and network access profile id (10 digits). My terminal ID is 8 digits.

Thanks for any help...

Unless you are processing directly from Amex you do not need to add a processor for Amex. They will process with your current MC/Visa processor. As another person said earlier...Go to configure--cards and be sure amex has your current processor attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back