Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow 911 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorpheusWin2K

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
We are running an Option 11C Version 2111 Release 11 Issue 16 +
in a Long Term Care facility.

Our switch used to be set up so that if an analog phone (resident) placed a call to 911 it would rings the nursing station. The nurse on duty would determine the validity of the call and place 911 from the nursing station. Somehow, somewhere this broke and it no longer works at all. You can not place a 911 call from any phone. They now use their cell phone's.

It's been awhile since I did programming on an Option 11C.

I printed out the NPA and SPN in LD 90. Below is what I have:

NPA 1911
RLI 5
Deny 976
SDRR Deny Codes = 1
DMI 0
ITEI NONE

SPN 911
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

We use 9 for an outside line on all phones. They tell me that they used to dial 9 + 911 and it worked, now you get a quick busy.

Help!

LD 86

RLI 0
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 0
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 1
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
CBQ NO

ISET 0
MFRL 0

I think this is older than Rls 21 :)

Morpheous, what city state or country are you in? Can these phones make local calls? How does a local call route (What RLI)

Based on what little we know here, only phones with NCOS 1 or above can dial 911. But, we do not know what Trunk Route 0 is, or if it even exists.

LD 21
REQ LTM
CUST 0
ROUTE 0

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

The information on the version and release of the phone was taken directly from LD 22 in the switch - below is the exact printout:

Version 2111
RELEASE 22
ISSUE 16 +

This facility is located in Franklin Park, New Jersey.

Route 0

TYPE TLS
TKTP COT
ROUT 0
DES COPPER
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 1
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 2
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 3
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 4

But most of the phones use Route 1 the PRI:

ROUT 1
TYPE COT
ROUT 1
DES xxxxxxxxxxx PRI CIRCUIT NUMBER
TN XXX XX MBER 1 XXXXXX (PRI #)
TN XXX XX MBER 2 XXXXXX (PRI #)
TN XXX XX MBER 3 XXXXXX (PRI #)
TN XXX XX MBER 4 XXXXXX (PRI #)
TN XXX XX MBER 5 XXXXXX (PRI #)
ETC. FOR 23 CHANNELS

I'm desperate to get this working.

ThankYou for your help.

Which card would it be for the XUT card. I have about 12 or 14 Analog cards, and each of them when I stat them will show all the stations as to being busy or idle.

03 = unit 03 = idle (l500)
03 = unit 04 = busy (l500)
03 = unit 05 = busy (l500)
03 = unit 06 = idle (l500)
03 = unit 07 = idle (l500)

etc. for 15 ports.

Stat Results for the Trunk Card:

STAT 2
00 = UNIT 00 = IDLE (TRK)(CO GRD)
01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE (RVSD) (TRK)(CO GRD)
02 = UNIT 02 = IDLE (RVSD) (TRK)(CO GRD)
03 = UNIT 03 = IDLE (RVSD) (TRK)(CO GRD)
04 = UNIT 04 = IDLE (RVSD) (TRK)(CO GRD)
05 = UNIT 05 = IDLE (TRK) (PAG LDR IMM)
06 = UNIT 06 = IDLE (TRJ) (MUS OWK)
07 = UNIT 07 = IDLE

The first 4 in the list are for the 4 trunk lines.

You want your 911 to go out the PRI if at all possible. This assumes the PRI is for local calls.

PRI reports when it fails, therefore giving you a heads up on the fact that 911 calls could be degraded.

You want to create a new RLI that is JUST for SPN 911. For starters, leave the FRL on this new RLI the Default 0.

For the ENTRs, find out of the PRI can be used for local - and if so, set the new RLI ENTR 0 to ROUT = 1

--
--

And stop hiding the TNs like this:

TYPE TLS
TKTP COT
ROUT 0
DES COPPER
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 1
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 2
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 3
TN XXX X XX XX MBER 4

We are not going to be able to help if you don't show us what we ask for. It isn't like you are posting a password.

--
--

I'm told that the system was set up to place all calls, local, regaional, and LD through the PRI first. The trunks are in place as a failover.

The part that I'm confused about is how it used to work until a couple of months ago. Like I said in my original post. The 180 beds are all analog configured phones and when they dialed 911 the nursing station would pick up and from that phone they could place the 911 which is a digital set.

Is it possible that the carrier blocked the 911? Or did you see something in our programming that shows it is no longer there?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Sorry about hiding the TNS. Here is the route for the copper trunks:

TN 002 0 00 00 MBER 1
TN 001 0 00 01 MBER 2
TN 002 0 00 02 MBER 3
TN 003 0 00 03 MBER 4

OK, let's get you set. If you see a prompt I did not show, you just hit enter. OK?

[tt]
LD 86
REQ NEW
CUST 0
FEAT RLB
RLI 19 (I picked 19 because I bet it is unused)
ENTR 0
ROUT 1
...now hit enter until you get to REQ - then go to LD 90

LD 90
REQ CHG
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRANS AC1
TYPE SPN

SPN 911
RLI 19
[/tt]
...now hit enter until you get to REQ

Now call 911 and DO NOT HANG UP. Tell them exactly what you are doing: "There is no emergecny, I am testing"

Now that is done - the next thing is debating whether resdients deserves phones if they call 911 all the time.

--
--

That worked like a champ - Thank You The only thing missing now is the Building ID/Caller ID. The call center indicated that all they had was the number and they should see more. She said I should call our carrier. Does this sound correct?

Thank You again for your help.

You always prefer PRI for 911. Along with it sending more info, it alerts you when it goes down. I suspect the trunks in that analog route are half dead. Each needs to be tested by a person with a buttset and punchdown tool.

If you state requires more detail sent to the 911 center, you have a new challenge.

First study up on this (very brief) Caller ID document:
Then try these resources, all by Mark Fletcher, the E911 man at Avaya/Nortel:
--
--

I have contacted our local carrier (Verizon) and they said that our facility was not listed. They made a change request to their database and it should be correct after 7PM.

Thank you all for your help. You saved me. This is a very good site. I've used it a couple of times and will probably be back soon again as I do have a new challenge on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back