Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allow 911 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorpheusWin2K

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
We are running an Option 11C Version 2111 Release 11 Issue 16 +
in a Long Term Care facility.

Our switch used to be set up so that if an analog phone (resident) placed a call to 911 it would rings the nursing station. The nurse on duty would determine the validity of the call and place 911 from the nursing station. Somehow, somewhere this broke and it no longer works at all. You can not place a 911 call from any phone. They now use their cell phone's.

It's been awhile since I did programming on an Option 11C.

I printed out the NPA and SPN in LD 90. Below is what I have:

NPA 1911
RLI 5
Deny 976
SDRR Deny Codes = 1
DMI 0
ITEI NONE

SPN 911
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

We use 9 for an outside line on all phones. They tell me that they used to dial 9 + 911 and it worked, now you get a quick busy.

Help!

OSDN is a great idea... but it might not be enough. On that system, you get one OSDN phone, and if nobody is at it, you are missing the call.

At least we can sleep knowing they can call 911. Now how to handle patients that dial 911 when their bed is wet.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Yes, I would like to see about setting the residents phones to ring the nursing station extension, instead of the emergency call center. If you have any ideas, I would appreciate this. I will not be able to review until March 21st.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back