Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All lights are flashing on drg22i

Status
Not open for further replies.

look2

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2013
SE
Hi all !
We got an drg22i left over at work so I was thinking to use it at home as a alamreceiver project with asterisk pbx.
But i do have a problem. When I power up the drg all lights are flashing, and it seems like they won't stop.

Any idea what the problem can be?

Hi,

DRG22 is a IP to analog gateway & used for Fax connections. Can you shed more details what exactly you want to achieve. Moreover the hardware is proprietary to Aastra systems for IP Connections and I don't understand how you want to link through asterisk system. To connect with asterisk, you need full IP PABX with SIP trunking capability. We have connected TSW with asterisk with router in between doing E1 to H323 conversion & then doing H323 to SIP Conversion.

DRG22 alone can't do anything. May be someone else can shed more light.

Cheers

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

Hello again.
My alarm is communication via the analog telephone network.
So my plan was to use the drg connected to the alarm, and then configure the drg and asterisk to communicate. But perhaps that's not possible?
The plan was to configure the drg with the address to my asterisk server instead of an outside voip service. When the alarm triggers it will cal an internal number in my asterisk server and there is a module in asterisk that can answer and handel the alarm code.

I know it's possible to do with other ata boxes, and i thought that was what the drg was doing?

-DRG22i can still be used with other PBX.
-I have tested it with an EricssonLG system as normal SIP client.
-I think the box is just Ericsson/Aastra labelt and it is developed
from 42networks in Sweden

But I don´t would try to ask Aastra when there are any problems :)

Well, this is a home project, so I'm not expecting any support.
But the original problem, with the lights flashing remains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back