Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All Jobs Go To A Scheduled State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margarie

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
Any job I start goes directly into a schedule state. I checked the services and the one that starts the jobs will not be started. I will start the service and the scheduled job will start but will freeze after 50 seconds. Also when I try to select the C: drive in the Backup tab it is giving me a returned Null or it may not display anything with a message "not connected to server hit F5 to retry" or if it does show the C: it will not show anything that is in the folders. It acts like it cannot see the c: drive. And when I go to the restore tab there are no volumes listed. The only thing it is letting me do at this point is inventory a tape. It will not catalog any tapes or do backups. I have tried closing the application and restarting it. It will come up after the 3rd time trying. It will usually bring up the flash screen and then close out. I will then go into services and start the one that is not started and reopen the application and this time it will come up. What am I overlooking? This is the first problem I have had with this software on this server since we installed it over a year ago.

Which version of Veritas Backup Exec are you using?

-SQLBill

I am using version 8.6 rev. 3808. On a windows 2000 server.

I had to call Veritas on this one! Make sure that you Disable these services; Remote Storage needs to be disbled and if you have a Robotic Libarary the ADIC Door Monitor will be disabled too. This should fix it.

I don't have a Remote Storage to disable or a ADIC Door Monitor. And the service that I have to keep starting is Backup Exec 8.x Job Engine.

-Thanks for the suggestion.

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Find the service you are having problems with and check to see if it is set to start AUTOMATICALLY.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back