Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

All IP Phones Cant hear caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

travlries

Vendor
Sep 27, 2006
US
I have a IP Office 406v2 running 4.0.5 software with a VCM 24 and about 33 5610 and 2 5621s. Also have 3 Phone 30s with about 60 analog phones connected. 2 PRIs for trunking. All at once yesterday for no reason known, all IP calls weather it be inbound or outbound connected the call and the caller could hear them but they could not hear the caller. Had user test with an anolog phone and all was normal. I ran a sniffer on the port of the IP Office and could see the H.323 setup correctly but the audio streaming was only comming from the phone to the IP Office, none from IP Office to the phone. A reboot fixed the problem but what could have caused this? Any ideas?

The user said that the phone for the Receptionist said incompatable disk on her phone before this happended. She said this happened on one call this morning but it said incompatable cell on her phone when she was trying to call another IP Phone user. The call beeped a couple times then it look connected but they could not hear each other. Anyone heard of this??? She was the only one who had this problem this morning but not shur if the two are related or not.

I have had this issue betweem remote sites using SCN.

Rebooting the main site seems to have fixed the issue.

In other VoIP senarios, one-way audio isues I have experienced has to do with IP Routing issues.

Did it again this morning. On the LAN all on the same subnet. IP Phones talking then all of a sudden one way audio. I look at the packets on a sniffer while it is happening and no packets being sent to the phone from the IP Office.

maybe your vcm card is not that good
did you try to swap it ?
is it put in right (on the pins inside)

That is going to be my next step. I ordered replacement parts yesterday so hopefully this takes care of it. i am going to swap the 406v2 and the VCM 24

Try playing around with the direct media path button under your IP line. That may fix your problem.

If the IP Phones are 4606/4612/4624, they are not compatible with IPO v4. Audio is a problem even when de-selecting direct media path.

NO they are 5610s and 5620s. I put a 4610 on the IP Office and upgraded the software to the new version 2.8. In there is a txt file that you can change the side tone level. I turned it down to -64db and I can here no echo anymore. The 5600 series phones only support up to ver 2.3. So I'm trying to get Tier 4 to see if I can get 2.8 to work on 5600 phones. So far not having any luck with that tho.

Hi,

Have you got a delta server in operation ?

We have had the same problem.

This was cause by the CDR and SMDR both running on the same pc and using the same port on the IP Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back