Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alarm Monitoring 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilson998

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2007
US
My organization has been using AlarmTraq ( to monitor all of our S8700, G3r, Audix and CMS sites for the past 2 years with no problems. Last week our system administrator left the company and I am now in charge of all the admin stuff.

Does anyone have any experience with AlarmTraq regarding setting up the maintenance object database to issue test commands to our sites when we receive an alarm.

If we receive an R-MEDIA minor alarm on a G3r the system is set to send the following commands:

busyout host-adapter
reset host-adapter
test host-adapter
release host-adapter

Although this seems to work most of the time and we receive an ALL ALARMS RESOLVED message after about 10 minutes the same alarms comes up again every evening about 10:00 PM and the process starts all over again. Any suggestions would be appreciated,

An R-MEDIA alarm is saying that your daily backups are not working because of possible problems with the backup drive or the media installed in it. From your description I believe this is set to occur at 10:00 PM every night. You can verify this by displaying SYSTEM-PARAMETERS MAINTENANCE.

Thanks PBXadmin, a star for you.

One more question, our maintenance is set to run at 01:00 AM not 10:00 PM. We are so used to AlarmTraq clearing most of our alarms that I forgot that sometimes we need to dispatch a tech to the site to replace a defective circuit board. In this case the removable mediaq (TN2221) was faulty.

Do you have any experience with AlarmTraq? I am looking for some advice on which commands should be used in our nightly maintenance routine to test the INADS link.

AlarmTraq will automatically run a Test-INADS on about 200 systems every evening and I have been having problems trying to determine the correct commad to issue for this testing.

On our G3si and G3r systems we use either 'test inads-link' or 'test inad-link 2' depending on the OSS assigned.

On our Definity Audix and Intuity Audix systems the command is 'test alarm-origination'.

But on the S87XX systems, we use 'testinads' on some systems when connecting through Telnet (port 23) and 'go shell' when connecting therough SAT (port 5023).

Is there any way to determine which method is best for the S87XX system? Thanks again.

The 'go shell' command is used to get to a bash prompt when a direct telnet (port 23) connection is not allowed.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case here. How can allow the telnet port on these systems?

I look like AlarmTraq is just issuing the basic commands to resolve common problems. In you inital post

busyout host-adapter
reset host-adapter
test host-adapter
release host-adapter

These commands will just fix or temparally fix small problems. If it is a hardware problem you are going to have to dispatch a tech.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I'm pretty sure this feature "Change Circuit Pack" will be part of the next release scheduled later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back