Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

agt id's disappear 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortellian

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
Here is a weird one. We added some keys with agent id appearances to a supervisors phone. Example Key 9 agt 81099. 81099 being the agents id. When we print the supervisors phone we see the key has been added correctly it looks like key 9 agt 81099. However when agent 81099 logs into and out of there phone and we look and print the supervisors phone again the key now looks like key 9 agt . The agents id number disappears and never returns. Anyone seen this before. Thanks

YOU SAY THAT YOU ADDED, DI YOU HAPPEN TO DO A CHANGE ON THE SUPERVISORS PHONE OR DID YOU OUT IT AND CREATE IT AGAIN

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

You tell em PERRYPJ about all the evils of doing changes on live ACD sets & using CPY, CHG etc

We did a change. Had the problem so we outed the phone and rebuilt and same thing happened. Than we took another phone on a new tn and built an acd phone made it a supervisor and added an agt appearance key and had the agent log in and out and the same thing happened.

YOU NOW HAVE CORRUPTED SOFTWARE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I had a similar problem on an 81C. The only way to clear the corruption, was : EDD CLR in load 43 and then sysload.
Everything came back to normal.

EDD CLR IS ONLY ONLY FOR NO GO BAD DATA UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCKED BY NT PLEASE STAND BY FOR SOLUTION

you could just do a sysload if you have not done any other changes except for the acd. edd clr raises an inhibet flag that alows a data dump.

I'm sure that last night your system did a data dump, (and on a sysload you will lose anything you programmed today)
and will have to redo those items. my sugestion that you sysload this system before any dat dump, then your system will be as it was before you caused the corrupton. ...any other thoughts., or correct me if i'm wrong

I wouldn't use EDD CLR. When was your last successful data dump? If it was fairly recent I would print all phones that may be questionable and sysload. You could get a list of phones that have been changed by putting in the date instead of the TN when you request a TNB print.

Some more insight on EDD CLR... During a data dump the PBX tries to take the database in memory and write it to the hard drive. During this process it checks the data and if corruption is found a flag is set and EDD NO GO BAD DATA is printed. So Nortel wrote EDD CLR just in case you really want to write that bad data to the hard drive. Unless there are a lot of changes performed since the last dump I don't use it. It is a command that should be used with discretion. The discription of the command includes a warning "...exercise caution..." in the NTPs.
So there you go... more info than you really wanted.

I agree with PERRYPJ, your database is corrupted. If you are seeing the NO GO BAD DATA flag when trying to do an EDD, then unless you are confident about restoring a dead switch, I would contact you support company. They should be able to restore the database from an archive like the z: drive.
The NTP's are very cler about executing commands on ACD sets. Rule of thumb is night service the q, disable the set, out it, rebuild it, then put it back into service.

Have opened ticket with our vendor. Thanks for all the replies. I'll let you know their plan of attack.

what release is pbx? there was a patch for this on release 25

Encountered the same issue with agn id's disappearing after logout and login on Supervisor phone. any resolution to this issue?

I'm running release 25 40b

R u using symposium? If so you need to make sure when you build the agents phones in symposium users you assign them to the supervisors phone and what key. Also when you build the supervisors phone in users in syposium you add the agents to the superisors phone.

As long as the agents ID's appear when they are logged in then you're okay. They don't have to be there when the agents logged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back