Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

agt id's disappear 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortellian

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
Here is a weird one. We added some keys with agent id appearances to a supervisors phone. Example Key 9 agt 81099. 81099 being the agents id. When we print the supervisors phone we see the key has been added correctly it looks like key 9 agt 81099. However when agent 81099 logs into and out of there phone and we look and print the supervisors phone again the key now looks like key 9 agt . The agents id number disappears and never returns. Anyone seen this before. Thanks

how do you add the agent to the supervisors phone?
and do I need to de-acquire agent sets to do it?

Nortellian,

I found the option within symposium to add agents to supervisor phone, and I specified the phoneset key for each of the agents.
Checking the supervisors agents in the user properties properly displays all of the agents assigned to my supervisor. However, when I check the supervisor phone set, the phoneset keys I specified are blank regardless of whether the agents are logged in.
two questions:
1. Does the supervisor phoneset have to be aquired by symposium?
2. Does the supervisor have to login to the phone?

On the supervisors phoneset in the swtich have you built the keys. example. on a 2616 with an add on module
Key 22 agt
Key 23 agt
Build these keys like there assigned in symposium.
The supervisors phoneset should be de-acquired when adding keys. Then re-acquired. Some people will say to not do changes on acd sets. Nortel even says this but we do changes and so far so good. Wether you do changes or out and rebuild is up to you. I don't think the supervisor needs to login.

I'm using the 3904 for supervisor phone. I added the following keys for the phone set in the M-1:

key 07 agt
ket 08 agt
key 09 agt
key 10 agt

and re- acquired the supervisor set. The keys display the Agent text, but it doesn't appear to link to the logged in agents.
Do I need to specify the position ID or login IDs in the key assignment, or should the key assignment above be sufficient?

try adding the agents id's key 10 agt xxxxx. I didn't thnk this was necessary but try it.

I didn't have to add the agents, just had to have agents logout, and back in and now it's working fine.

Thanks alot!

Easy changes on ACD Phones is the Kiss of Death.

Any time you need to make changes to an ACD Phone;
1. Print It,
2. Out It and
3. Rebuild It.

Otherwise you corrupt your database and have all kinds of problems.

Good Luck

LACITYTech

All you old timers need to lay back with this Kiss of Death when it comes to ACD phones changes I’v been doing this for years now, and did not have even ONE problem with ACD phone after doing easy change. If you make change correctly nothing will happen, on the other hand if you get new Guy and he or she starts doing all bunch of changes to ACD and ACD phones then I can see possible problem, and most importantly
I do not in carriage any one to do easy changes to ACD the reason why I post this thread
Is that every time some one post thread about ACD problem every one keeps saying Kiss of Death and corrupted data, any way have a nice day every one and keep those ACD’s working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back