Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AGP Texture Acceleration in Win 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

faust13

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
Anybody know why AGP Texture Acceleration (DirectX) is not available in Windows 2000?

Is there anyway to enable it?

This option was available before I upgraded my OS from Win ME to Win 2K.

The MB and video are capable. ----------------------------------------
Is George Lucas Kidding...

It is doesn't matter what appertune size is set in BIOS. Just sometimes Windows do not have 100% driver support for your motherboard.

The best way to enable AGP Texture Acceleration is to download latest matherboard (Miniport 4in1, and etc.) driver and install it whenever you want, before or after the installation of drivers for your Graphics Card.

Updating BIOS for Motherboard is also do not plays very important role in this issue.

Configuration:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP
Motherboard: A7V8X-X
Vcard: GeForce 4 Ti 4200

Okay some reason in DXDIAG my Texture accelertion is grayed out.. And my system is

Video Card: Geforce 4 TI 4200 128mb AGP
MOBO: Gigabyte K7 Triton GA-7VAXP
Ram: 1280 2700 DDR
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2700+

Can Someone plz tell me why my AGP Texture Acceleration is grayed Out....

Hi,
It all started when i was trying to install Max Payne 2 and at the end of the installation i got the error that i need to enable the AGP .... I've really been dying to solve this one problem for the LONGEST time. I've tried almost everything and nothing works. The AGP texture acceleration is still greyed out! In my bios AGP is set to 128mb. I tried lowering it but that didnt help either.
Here are my Spex:

AMD athalon XP 2800+
A7N8X-X Mother Board (Asus)
XP with Service Pack 1
Ati Radeon 9600 Pro

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!
+ how much does AGP texture Acceleration effect a games graphix?

i am having this problem and i beleve i have an XP home ed. i have no idea how to get it avalible and i am new at computers could somebody help me i have been trying everything it is for the sims delux game

i mean my card is a
Intel (R) 82845G
i have windows X-p and currently have direct x 8.1
if i install 9.0 it will crash my computer because it does not go well with SP2 i hope you can help me out!

The same old problem, folks, AGP disabled. What I've done, tho, is downloaded the latestest drivers for my chipset Ali M1647 AliMAGIK 1 (why two sets of figuers?). My question: can I just install them, or is there a pre-condition prior to linstallation?

AGP Version 2.00
AGP Status Disabled
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x
Fast-Write Not Supported
Side Band Addressing Supported, Disabled
Expansion Slots 5 PCI, 1 AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back