Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on COTS server configuring ECM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjdave

Programmer
Dec 24, 2002
GB
Hi Everybody
I am in the process of installing a HP DL320g4 server for managing the CS1000E phones and have managed to install the linux s/w and Management s/w and its working fine.
The only problem I have got is how to get the phone configuration section on the element Manager section thru the web browser. I get everything else but can't get the phone section. I have given all privileges but still no good.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx
Mjdave

I don't remember exactly but I think you have to create another user besides the admin account and give it the right access.

Thanx BrokenRecord2 I have got it working after messing around with it.

How did you get it working. I am having the same problem.

As brokenrecord2 has mentioned create another user via the original admin account and give it CS1000 rights. Once created, select it to edit then select roles. When you edit it you will have all overlays that you can select and you can give it PDT rights as well. Just tick the relevant ovlys. Only select cs1000, nrsm monitor,patcher, power user,debugger,
security administrator. These are the ones I chose, if you choose the other options you might not be able get Phones section on element manager.

Mjdave

Thanks, I must be having another issue because it still does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back