Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Admin Password Recovery on Partner-HELP! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGremlin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2001
US
Can anyone help me recover/reset the admin password on my Partner System?

If you're talking about the voice mail password, enter the serial number of the voice mail unit as the password and reboot it. It should be reset to the default password after that. As for the phone system password, I'd call Lucent. I don't know of a way for that.

Martyboy,

Please help, i have this same issue, the problem I'm having is that the serial number is too long, and there are letters in it. Do you enter the admin mailbox number then the serial number with the pound.

This is what ive been trying.

enter 99#
enter 977727171887#

It usually interupts me b4 i can get all the digits in.

Please help... ANYONE!

Thanks
RTMCKEE

The fix is quite easy to do on the Partner VS systems.

Go into the VM system - "int 777" at the voice menu enter 99# for Admin functions and the default password is - 2537. Then press 9 and you are into the main VM programming menu system. At any time just press 98925327. You will hear the voice prompt telling you "the system will now be reset to factory default settings - goodbye".

Now your default password should be 1234 at the 99# login password request.

Hope that helps.

Andrew Roach
President
Drew COmmunications

I sold my unit before i got to try this, but I've been told by the buyer that it worked like a champ!!

Thanks,
RTMCKE

question - if you go in with 2537 in system admin cant you just reset admin password there and not go through reset - is there a reason to reset system? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back