Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding music on hold source

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowvo

Technical User
Mar 17, 2006
I Work on a option 61 and it currently has a music source. The company has added an additional sales group in a different office. They would like to add a second music on hold source for this marketing group. This on hold would be just for the new group only. Any way of adding an additional source for this group?

Just build a new music route, and add the trunks to it.

The problem is they all use a t-1 with 24 d.i.d. trucks...any way of still doing this?

you can't build a mus trunk on a digital card.. you need an analog trunk.. that gives you a place to connect a music source..

ld 16
new
rdb.. trunk type is mus acod is any unused number the rest is pretty much default.(targ x1). the same is true about the trunk.

ld 14
new
mus
tn x x (port on an analog trunk card)
rtmb x 1 with x=to the route number you just built..might be a cdb change also but when you get that far we may be back at work to give a little more detail.. it's not that bad, it sounds worse then it is, mostly defaut stuff.. if your in an 81, you need a trunk per group

then in your route for the t1, do a ld 16 change rdb and at the mus prompt answer yes and next you'll get a new prompt murt (?) i think, you can't default it. put the new mus rdb there and test it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Your T1 would have to be broken up into 2 separate trunk groups to get what you need. One group may have 18 trunks and the other 6 trunks for example. Any variation of company A plus company B equalling 24 channels would work. Dependant on your carrier they may not be able to put specific DIDs on specific trunk groups. You could then have 2 different music routes.

note to self, read all the post..tx is right.. moh to external source is via the route.. so if that dept is part of the same did group your going to have a problem.. if they have cot's that atdn to that group then that route can have it's own music source.. i did a large new car super-lot. 5 dealer ships on one opt 11, each had it;s on pri and moh trunk.. internal was the same for all sets

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

one more thing to add with this....the group that wants its own music source will be moving to an off site location where I will be putting in a remote site. It will have a tie trunk between the 2 swithes to link them together...will I possibly be able to put on a seperate music source with this remote...all d.i.d. trunks will still be coming out of the main switch?

even with a mus trunk providing moh for the tie.. calls that come in via the did will still have that music source.. you didn't mention your switch type.. you can have a unique music source for each group in a switch.. but with all did's in one route.. no, your stuck with one recording..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back