Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding a 5th line to a 616 with 7408 phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmheyhey

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
Good Morning all, I am trying to add a fifth trunk to a v. 2 616 at a doctors office that only has 7408 phones. I have added the fourth co no problem, but when I go to add the 5th one on the fifth button down, it is the Heading button in programming and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Whoops, sorry, 7208's! Need a second cup of coffee!!!

what is the current function of the button? (F*0 press the button)

It is a simple matter to program for the 5th line in configuration programming... line access, providing you know what you're doing and how to enter configuration programming. If not hire a qualified tech.

Hi Marv, Yes I have already programmed line 4 onto the phones, but because they are 7208's while in programming the button that I want to use for line 5 is the heading button. My question is since I don't have soft keys on the 7208, which button do I use for Add/Remove while in programming. Thanks.

Hi exsmogger, GREAT website! I will be book marking it. On the 7208 phones how would I be able to use ADD in programming? I know how to program with the 7310's, but this office has all 7208. I'm sure it is simple, but I am overlooking something. Thanks.

Hi exsmogger, Great overlay, I will be heading over to their office today to give it a go. Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will update later. Thanks again.

Exsmogger--Thank you for solving my problem--took but a couple of minutes with that template. The one with their manual wasn't as complete as yours, go figure! I really appreciate your quick reply--and everyone else's too. Have a great weekend guys.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back