Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding 4.5 servers to a 4.0 farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism0n

MIS
Jul 19, 2002
US
I would like to add some virtual servers to a pre-existing MetaFrame 4.0 farm (physical servers). Can I build them with 4.5, one would be the new 4.5 license server, and have them co-exist in the farm with the old 4.0 servers?? I would like to move our licenses over to the 4.5 server. I want only one liecense server, and I do not want to split up the licenses.
Or do I have to create a new 4.5 farm? (I know I probably should) I would think someone else has tried this along the line somewhere. I guess the goal would be that over time I would slowly phase out the older 4.0 servers (which are physical servers) and replace them all with virtual servers.

where you able to have 4.0 and 4.5 in the same farm? if so, is your data collector 4.0 or 4.5?

Please let me know...

Two zones one for 4.0 and one for 4.5. Each Zone has it's one Data Collector. ALL in same farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back