Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Added new analog set - can't dial out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad69cat

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2010
US
SO I added another analog set to my remote OPT 11, by copying another set from the port next to the one I wanted. It looked like everything went OK and it built the set. When I went down and patched the set over I can't dial out? I get a fast busy as soon as I dial the last digit? Same as I do on any unused ports...? I looked at the programming on the set I copied from (which is working) and compared it to the new one. Looks identical except DN. I double checked that I am on the right TN and I am? I did a status on the port and it is idle. I haven't had to build and analog port in awhile, but I don't know hat I am missing? Ideas? Gotta be simple...?

First of all, is your system licensed to allow another 500 type phone?. I'm guessing it is as you wouldn't normally be allowed to program it in without an error code. What TN did you use?. Have to checked that it's wired from the TN port correctly?.

Failing that, you could just have a faulty port and I would swap out the card with another FALC one to check.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hmmm it looks like I have 4 analog phones left that I can ad.... so I don't think I'm out of license's. I used TN 8 5 and the set on 8 4 is working. Ill try and bump it down to a different port. It doesn't make any sense that I can't dial the 4th digit though? even if it's a bad port it should try to dial? It seems like there is a software type issue somehow....? I am using an existing DN because I am converting a digital set to analog so they can have a cordless phone..... seemed like a no brainer. Ill drag my laptop and tools all down with me this time.... pain!

buddy - yes. No problems. That's what baffles me? I wonder if I reset that line card...? wonder if somehow it's hosed up? Ill bet it hasn't had a phone changed or added in 15 years....

That TN should be on the red/blue pair, starts at 0, remember?

yep. I went down today and got it going on a different card. There is something wrong with that line card. Only the first 5 ports seem to be working? Weird huh? I'll have to take another card down there the next time I go and swap it. See if that fixes it. I've never run into that issue before..... luckily it had 2 analog cards in it!

do the opt 11 and opt 81 share the same line cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back