Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add VoIP to a CS 1000E 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Nortel

Technical User
Nov 23, 2010
US
Hello Again.
I have a CS 1000E. Currently there is not VoIP lines on the PBX. I have been told that the PBX is VoIP ready (has proper card and licenses). I want to set up an 1140E on the system as a learning exercise.

How do I make sure I have the proper equipment installed in the PBX?

If I am set to go is there someone that can point me to some documentation as to how to set up an IP phone on this type of Switch?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

1. Connect to your signaling server
2. Go into element manager
3. In The "Zones" tab build a zone
4. In the "Nodes servers and media cards" tab build a node (Make sure Line TPS is turned on)

Notes:

When building the node it will need an IP address in the TLAN vlan.

Usually you can build your zone with all default settings.

When programming the phone itself it will need to be able to get to the node IP address (S1).

This is based off of a 6.0 system basic priciples are the same in others.

-Hope this helps

Thank you! This appears to have already been configured on my PBX. I will configure a port for POE and attempt to program the phone.

You will want to look at the following two NTPS:
- IP Deskphone Fundamentals
- Signaling Server IP Line Applications

Well I am obviously missing something. What programming do I need in the switch to connect to the 1120E? It just sits there trying to connect to the signaling server. I assume I need create a phone but what do I use as a TN?

@New2Nortel - Details are in the IP Line NTP. You need to create a virtual superloop and then program the IP Phones against a TN on that superloop.

Thank you. I have the phone programmed and working I just can't seem to hook it up to call pilot. It will not dial using the msg button nor light to indicate a message.

I have it all working now. I still have plenty to learn but, at least I have the practice of getting one up and running. Thank your for help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back