Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Number to DNC for a User

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmpotu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
Is it possible in Avaya IP Office Manager to set specific phone numbers to be rejected if the call a user's extension? If they call the organization as a whole?
(I'm trying to do this independant of contacting the phone company.Looking for something I can manage as needed.)

Yes you can, in Incoming Call Route.

I've used this for difficult clients who must be sent directly to a specific agent, even if they try to call another staff members.

Incoming Number:
By default this is a right-to-left matching.

* => Incoming CLI matching Takes Precedence

– => Left-to-Right exact length matching using a - in front of the number causes a left-to-right match. -96XXX will match a DID of 96000 but not 9600 or 960000.

X => Single digit wildcard. Use X's to enter a single digit wild card character. 91XXXXXXXX will only match DID numbers of at least 10 digits and starting with 91, -91XXXXXXXX would only match numbers of exactly 10 digits starting with 91. Other wildcard such as N, n and ? cannot be used.

Where the incoming number potentially matches two incoming call routes with X wildcards and the number of incoming number digits is shorter than the number of wildcards, the one with the shorter overall Incoming Number specified for matching is used.

i => ISDN Calling party number 'National'
The i character does not affect the incoming number matching. It is used for Outgoing Caller ID Matching, see notes below.

Incoming CLI:
Enter a number to match the caller's ICLID provided with the call. This field is matched left-to-right. Number options are:

Full telephone number.

Partial telephone number, for example just the area code.

! : Matches calls when the ICLID is withheld.

? : for number unavailable.

Blank for all.

Destination:
Either send to a Hunt Group, or kill it off by sending it to a Short Code: Barred

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro thank you so much for the quick response on this. I'll test this out soon.

No problem!
(It was a paste from the Help section)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back