Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active window is partially hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox26apgmr

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
US
There are 4 windows (A, B, C, D) horizontally across the screen. Window D is active. I select a push button in window D that executes E.SPR. When the screen appears, it is partially hidden by window A. In debug mode I see window E is on top until the screen READ CYCLE command is issued and then window A is brought forward. The READ (before E.SPR is executed) is: READ CYCLE OBJECT 1 SHOW readshow() DEACTIVATE mult_item()
mult_item() checks: if WONTOP(A) then ACTIVATE WINDOW A and issue a read.
TIA, Joe

Joe,
Sorry, I've fogotten all the little tricks to make things work "right" in FPD/W. While I still may have to fix a problem in one of these old apps for someone, active development stopped years ago! Perhaps an upgrade to VFP 7.0 (or soon 8.0) might be considered.

Rick

Without fully understanding your application's requirements, I would first recommend building your screens as Tabbed screens using GENSCRNX.

Or use the HIDE WINDOW <windowname> command to Hide windows A,B,C, & D when E is displayed. Then Hide window E when you close it and return to displaying A,B,C, & D with the
SHOW WINDOW &quot;<windowname>&quot; REFRESH SAME

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

I put a HIDE WINDOW A into my DEACTIVATE routine. The window (A) remains displayed, but no longer partially covers window E. Things are back to normal. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back