Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Physical Line type set permanently to Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzobi

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
ZA
I have a BCM400 v 4.0.2.03

When I press 0 for a line it tells me there are no free lines available. All my extns are set to use Line PoolA

I am unable to assign the ISDN30 trunks to a pool. On Business Element Manager if I go to Telephony/Lines/Active Physical Lines under Paramater and then Line Type and pick any of the lines, where there would normally be a drop down to allow you to pick PoolA PoolB etc it says Public and I can't seem to change it.

When I press 0 for a line it tells me there are no free lines available. All my extns are set to use Line PoolA

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

0" is normally used to dial the BCM's attendant / Operator. However, it's possible to modify it to dial out instead by changing the parameter against DIAL "0" from internal to default or even deny it!. I tend to select routing table as in the UK, all of the national codes start with a "0", so it's easy to make extension users dial out without having to key in e.g. "9" first and it stops the originally assigned DN usually the first one i.e. extension 221 etc from being bothered with people forgetting to key in the access code first.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hi firebirdscrambler

thanks for the advice. Apologies, I forgot to mention the system I am working on is in Spain. Here they use 0 for accessing an outside line. The routing looks ok to me with 0 being set ot route to Pool BlocA. My problem is that I don't sem to have an option to change which Pool the lines are assigen to. Normally you can chose but in this case it seems permanently set to Public.

Hi

Thanks for your help guys. It has been a strange one as it was all set correctly before. I ended up restoring it with a backup dbase and now it is all working. I'm still not sure why I was unable to place the trunks in a pool. Maybe the database got corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back