Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS R6 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russff

Technical User
Oct 9, 2010
US
I've got an old ACS R6 system that we replaced years ago with the newer Partner ACS. I wanted to get this old system working again. It is the 5-slot carrier with the ACS card in the center slot and a 206EC card to the left of the ACS. When I power the system up, the green light comes on on both cards, but after a few seconds, the light on the 206EC card goes out (the light on the ACS stays on). If I plug a system display phone into any of the jacks on the 206, I get nothing (no display). If I plug the phone into the ACS card, the phone works. If I move the 206 card to another slot, same thing, the light comes on then goes out after a few seconds. Is the 206 card bad? This was working when we took it out of service.

I also have a voice messaging PC card that was part of this system. If I plug it into either slot on the ACS, the system does not recognize it (intercom-777 gives me a busy signal and feature-59 tells me to insert a valid card). This card was also working, how could it go bad?

feature-59 tells me to insert a valid card"
I meant to say #125 tells me to insert a valid card, since the PC Messaging card is also a backup/restore card (if I remember).

It probably lost the programming for the PC Messaging. #505, 7, then ext 78 and 79 need to be assigned before you can access via 777. The PC messaging is not a backup card so trying #125 without a backup card will give you that message.

Thanks for the reminder, #505 did the trick. What is the code to reset the PC Messaging card back to defaults, I want to wipe it out and start over?

Too bad for the 206 card, guess I'll open it up and see if it's anything obvious. I thought when we took this system out that it was all working, funny that it died just sitting on a shelf.

exsmogger, you were right, I moved the card into slot 1 and the green light comes back on and stays on. I thought we had that module in slot 2, but I guess not. So the green light isn't just a power on light, it's also a functional operation light. If I move that card to slot 2 or 4 or 5, the light doesn't come back on.

Do you know the codes to factory default the voice messaging card? It's the large version, release 3. The manual doesn't say how to reset the card.

I plugged a phone into every extension and when I hit the intercom button, I get the intercom tone, except on extension 15 (on the ACS module), there is nothing, no tone. But the extension works, I can make an intercom call from or to the extension (it rings when it receives an intercom call). What would make the tone not work? I moved the same phone from port to port, so it isn't the phone and I reset the system to defaults, so it shouldn't be a program issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back