Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS 8.0 Hybrid mode trouble 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

52rich

Vendor
Aug 14, 2011
US
I have a ACS 8.0 on my test bench that I took in for spare, emergency use. When I got the unit it was set up in the Hybrid mode with 6 CO lines in pool 880. It was working fine in that mode. My goal is to set the unit up in the key mode with 5 lines and make everything factory default. This way if it is needed because of a customer system crash it will be ready to go.
So here is what I did, first I removed all programming pertaining to pooled/ Hybrid mode, #313 # 314 #315 etc,
Then I brought the system back to key mode #198 863285 1....I did it that way just because I thought it would be a good idea. I also did a #989 25327 to reset back to factory defaults.
At that point I was in Key mode but here lies the problem. When in Key mode, if any station within the ACS 8.0 goes off hook on any line, and then touches another outside line button while off hook [ line 1---thru 5 ] the station user hears a click, and the display goes dark,the line is dropped and then the line light comes back green and then the display comes back to life. You can do this with any combination of lines.
By the way the unit is a stand alone, not in a carrier.
So at that point I put the system back into Hybrid mode and assigned 5 lines and then used Px 10 to test the 5 lines. They were fine when going off hook, no cut offs and the display stayed on as I tested each line.
Now I put the system back into Key mode and factory default and my trouble came back. The system is in trouble when in key mode.
Soooo, now I used my 7.0 flash card and brought the system back down to a 7.0, While it is a 7.0 and in Key mode everthing works great!.
Just for grins & giggles I brought the system back to a 8.0 with another upgrade flash card and while in key mode as 8.0 the trouble is back.
Bottom line, The unit works fine as a 7.0 in Key mode but as soon as you make it a 8.0 in Key mode the trouble comes back.
My guess is that my programming chip in the unit is corrupted.
Anyone have an opinion.
Thanks
Rich

Yes. I did the #989 clear several times, and then backed it up both to the internal and pc card while in that state, I also did that while the unit was a 7.0 and as a 8.0. As I mentioned, as long as the system stays as a 7.0 it works fine in both Keyed and Hybrid. If I bump it up to a 8.0 in the Key mode the trouble comes back, but works ok in the Hybrid mode. I think at this point I need to have the processor chip re-flashed.
Hmmmm.[ponder]
Thanks for any input from all.[thumbsup2]

That's very odd. I have flashed dozens of ACS 509's to R8 without ever seeing this problem. In fact I have one right now that I'm repairing that I've flashed to R8 and it works fine in key mode. I guess the only resolution would be to flash it back to R7.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Brian. Yes I have flashed the unit from a 8.0 to a 7.0 several times. And then from a 7.0 back to a 8.0 several times but the same results each time. When the unit is a 8.0 and in key mode the trouble is back. I suppose I could just leave it as a 7.0 but I'm stubborn. What I meant when I wrote flash back it is the type of re-flash or flash back that is done on the 509 boards that have been known to have the " Lights on but no one is home trouble'.
The type of re-flash where the green light is on but all ports are dead. I know you are familiar with it.
Just a thought. [ponder]What do you think. I can't see any other choice at this time.
Thanks
Rich[ponder]

Sending it out for repair. Will keep you posted as to the solution.
Thanks
for all your response.
Rich[thumbsup]

The prices of Avaya Partner ACS hardware have stabilized after a massive spike following the discontinuation of the Partner platform. It might be advantageous to secure a spare processor. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back