Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD's and (possibly) Hunt groups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jae113

Technical User
Mar 17, 2009
US
Hello,

I believe what I want to do is set up an ACD, but I don't know where to begin. I've been reading the forums, so I have a general idea of why and even some how, but What IS an ACD exactly?

Let me explain what I'm trying to do, and please let me know if ACD is the way to go, and what an ACD is if it's needed.

I have a Help Desk at our school where staff can call 4444 and it rings on 8 phones. If no one answers after 4 rings, it hunts to 4448 and rings on the first 8 phones and an additional 3 phones. Then if no one picks up, it goes to voice mail. After messages have sat for an hour, Remote Messaging calls 4444 to let them know there is a message.

Another school is joining our school and we would like to set them up into our Help Desk. I would like to create a number for them to call, 7878, for example, and have that number always forward to 4444 and go right into the hunting I described above.

I can't have them just call 4444 because it isn't a DID, and we don't want it to be. I want 7878 to go to 4444 with caller ID, so I do want it to be an internal number.

Is ACD the best way to go? I would like to not have to use a TN if possible, and a dummy analog phone probably isn't going to be the best solution. There were a LOT of dummy phones when I started working here, some digital, some analog, and my boss hated them! When we upgraded our system that was one of the things he asked to get rid of, so I don't want to throw in another phone to sit on a floor in a wiring closet!

Any help would be very, very appreciated, and you can't talk down to me so ask or say anything!

but the number (7878) is still coming up not in service from an outside caller

I use ACDs the same way you are atempting to. So long as 7878 is in your valid DID range, and NCFW points at 4444 (which it does in the above printout) you should be fine.
It will send the CLID of the number calling the ACD (7878) followed by the destination (4444), followed by "CFWD

I'm calling 7878 on my cell and still get "number not in service" but it works for inside calls. Just with the caller ID issue

How about a phantom? How do I set up one of those? I don't want to have a phone plugged in some where that won't be used / answered. I just want 7878 to forward to 4444

What I would do is OUT all you have related to 7878, then add SCR 7878 to your phone (or some phone in the site where 7878 is pointed), and see if you get the call.

If you get a recording, then 7878 needs some attention by Telco.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

I called the telco because it does seem to be an issue with DID. I made the phone as a 3904 and put the extension on my phone and got the same issue.

I'll post here when I hear back from them.

Does it say in here any where how many available DID's I have? I see digital phones, but is that the same?

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 46256934 USED U P: 5251174 104561 TOT: 51612669
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 158 KBYTES
DIGITAL TELEPHONES AVAIL: 41 USED: 164 TOT: 205
IP USERS AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
BASIC IP USERS AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
TEMPORARY IP USERS AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
ACD AGENTS AVAIL: 20 USED: 0 TOT: 20
MOBILE EXTENSIONS AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
NORTEL SIP LINES AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
THIRD PARTY SIP LINES AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
PCA AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
AST AVAIL: 20 USED: 0 TOT: 20
SIP CONVERGED DESKTOPS AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
SIP CTI TR87 AVAIL: 0 USED: 0 TOT: 0
TNS AVAIL: 32119 USED: 641 TOT: 32760
DATA PORTS AVAIL: 32760 USED: 0 TOT: 32760

It's not uncommon for DID numbers to "fall off" an account. It is important to find them soon though, because another customer may inadvertently be assigned them.

DIDs are a telco "service" so your PBX does not know anything about them. However *you* know about them and you assign them as DNs in your PBX with that knowledge.

You *can* query the PBX to tell you what DNs you have not yet used - but it will include every number whether it is DID or not. The PBX will never know if a number is DID or not. It just listens to the trunks and whatever comes in, it tries to process. If you have a matching DN, the PBX will process it and the DN will ring.

To see DNs you have not yet used:

LD 20
REQ PRT
TYPE LUDN

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Ah, thanks GHTrout. That makes a lot of sense. I'll give it a try

Wow, ok. It was a problem with our DID's. I'm working it out, but in the meantime I used a DID that came up on the LUDN (7300) and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back