Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD sets receive call while secondary DN is active

Status
Not open for further replies.

entebo

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2008
SE
Hi all, there is a call center where CS1K rls 5.50 is working with CC6.0. The scenario is as below:

- ACD agent makes an external call over the secondary DN
- Then he attepmts TRANS or CONF the call, but no success and he presses the release key
- At this point ACD agents receives a call from the queue, but there is still an active waiting call on secondary DN.

SDNB set to YES. We dont want to use NOT READY or MSB feature. Is this issue familiar to anyone?

Wouldn't this work?

- ACD agent makes an external call over the secondary DN
- Then he attempts TRANS or CONF the call, but no success and he presses the secondary DN to return to the call.
- At this point ACD agent has never pressed RLS.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

I am pretty sure every Nortel user guide says "If you can't reach the party you want to confer/transfer, just press the flashing line to return to your call"

Nowhere does it say you should press RLS unless you are hanging up on a DN call.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

So, it means if RLS key is pressed, ACD set seems ready to take a call by the CC, although there is an active call on secondary DN?

In CCM each agent is a part of a Call Presentation Class. In the Call Presentation Class, there is a setting check box called "Answer call by placing DN on hold". With this checked, an agent can place a call they have on their DN key on hold to allow for an ACD call to come in. I suspect in your case, the call they are attempting to transfer/conf becomes "on hold" when they press the release key. Login to CCM Administration and go to Configuration. Open Call Presentation Classes. If this setting is checked, you can "uncheck" it and ACD calls will not come in when DN calls are on hold. CCM will consider the set "busy" and leave it alone.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Sounds logical, let me check. Thank you guys for your clarifications...

If I use DN key to return my call that I try to transfer, it will continue ringing on the phone that I try to reach.

I mean,
Set A calls set B. Set B tries to transfer the call to set C. Bur set C does not answer. Then Set B presses flashing indicator to return to set A. Call establishes back between A and B, but set C keeps ringing.

So, i should press RLS key if i dont reach set C. However, when I press RLS key on set B, phone gets READY status because call from set A is "on hold". How can I prevent this?

The only way it will do that is if you have CLS AHA (Auto-Hold allowed)

Set CLS=AHD

~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back